Gearing

Timbob25

Been out for 10 =12 yrs. The gearing is getting to me. Lol. I raced at tri County in kenly and can't my rpms up. Was on mini gears with 14 =50 to start turned 5800 . Went to a 14=53 and turned 6200. Do I need bigger on clutch or smaller.? Not sure of track size. Med = high bite..thanks in advance

Been out for 10 =12 yrs. The gearing is getting to me. Lol. I raced at tri County in kenly and can't my rpms up. Was on mini gears with 14 =50 to start turned 5800 . Went to a 14=53 and turned 6200. Do I need bigger on clutch or smaller.? Not sure of track size. Med = high bite..thanks in advance
Your results here and adding in info that size is 1/5 th mile and it grips up well, things just aren't making sense, do you feel you were maximizing momentum the same as the faster guys ? Were you confident the tires were close ?

We were on reapers. Punching 55. Track had moisture in it and besides a lil loose the kart felt good. Motor is updated by well known motor builder. Motor is strong

We were on reapers. Punching 55. Track had moisture in it and besides a lil loose the kart felt good. Motor is updated by well known motor builder. Motor is strong
If you’re talking about last Saturday for the Goat race it wasn’t a normal track. The track was soft and moist. 2 inches of rain the day before. We made several adjustments such as lowering left, cross, and camber to make the kart bite. 55 was way too hard.

If you’re talking about last Saturday for the Goat race it wasn’t a normal track. The track was soft and moist. 2 inches of rain the day before. We made several adjustments such as lowering left, cross, and camber to make the kart bite. 55 was way too hard.
Assuming this was the day you were there and these details apply, I'd say your gearing of the 14/53 was not to far off, probably needed a 54 or 55 rear most of your issue with lacking RPMS was not near enough bite in the reaper tires, for those conditions on reapers you would need to wipe a bunch of coats of a medium prep along with heat

Back