Gears set up at Liberty Raceway

Come on guy's someone has to have an idea, If you do not know for Teen champ but do know for sure what works for a different class post it.

I've checked there web-sites there both advertised as 1/5 th miles, the pictures of the track while racing appear that there making decent grip and look to be wide enough groove where you can race and build Momentum.

Based on ONLY that info If you don't get any better info I'd start with 17-65 and go from there, I would have a 16 & 18 driver out on the table just in case. If you find yourself with the 17 driver looking for anything bigger than a 67 to hit target RPM I would then drop to the 16 driver, on the flip side with the 17 driver If you find yourself looking for anything smaller than a 62 rear as not to over turn it I would then bump up to the 18 driver. This info is also based on your Teen driver has some experience and is pretty much Maximizing Momentum.

Hopefully Someone will give you proven advise but provided track size is close to advertised and they appear to be, you'll be in the ball park.

Good Luck !!

My son races both Liberty and Providence in red plate, both are a 17/65 gear rule, at Liberty son flat footing running a really good line, motor will turn 61-6200 rpm, at Providence with same gear ,motor turns 55-5600 flat footing it running a good line. Hope this will kinda give you a idea.

My son races both Liberty and Providence in red plate, both are a 17/65 gear rule, at Liberty son flat footing running a really good line, motor will turn 61-6200 rpm, at Providence with same gear ,motor turns 55-5600 flat footing it running a good line. Hope this will kinda give you a idea.

Just curious is that 6100 to 6200 over turning it some or at the limit it should be ? I guess what I'm really asking is what a builder tells you to turn a red plate ?

I talk to a really highly reputable engine builder last week at the Sevierville expo and he said he had a red plate motor turn more than that at Liberty but I never could figure out what to do with my motor to turn more, Yes from my engine builders dyno 55 is getting real close to it.

Back