General Body Info.

not ready yet, but looking at bodies, i see Fiberglass & plastic, high side, swoop, other names... can anyone break it down into digestible info? running 20xx year Surge Frame, super heavy (big boy) , thanks, feel free to throw up your pics and point out how they are different, they all kinda look the same to me

High sides are generally 8-10 inches tall and semi flat on the top edge .
Swoops are only about 6" at the elbow area. And have a curved top edge .
Fiberglass is that . As is the plastic/abs .
Plastic or fiberglass is a blonde vs brunette choice .
Strength and durability are the abs / plastic strong points .

plastic vs fiberglass Blond vs brunette??
The plastic bodies look like Rubbermaid trash cans. dull greasy plastic
Fiberglass is at least glossy and can take a paint job.
I would say one looks decent the other not so much WHEN NEW
after a year or so of pushing and banging they both look beat up and tired

I favor m&m tuff series bodies. To me it's a give/take relationship, I like the shine of fiberglass better than the dull plastic BUT when 1 body lasts 2 season (50 some races) and is still in 1 piece i can overlook the dull look!

20210221_185857.jpg

plastic vs fiberglass Blond vs brunette??
The plastic bodies look like Rubbermaid trash cans. dull greasy plastic
Fiberglass is at least glossy and can take a paint job.
I would say one looks decent the other not so much WHEN NEW
after a year or so of pushing and banging they both look beat up and tired
I've had both Glass and Plastic. Barely swiped an infield tire at a local track and ripped part of the left side off with Glass. I purposely went with the Flat Black M&M Tuff Series AGAIN because of the durabilty. And can Guarantee my ride always looks good,not no Greasy garbage can! Also I own 5 karts and with my 2 racing buddies, 7 karts to maintain so M&M works for us. But to each there own..

I've had both Glass and Plastic. Barely swiped an infield tire at a local track and ripped part of the left side off with Glass. I purposely went with the Flat Black M&M Tuff Series AGAIN because of the durabilty. And can Guarantee my ride always looks good,not no Greasy garbage can! Also I own 5 karts and with my 2 racing buddies, 7 karts to maintain so M&M works for us. But to each there own..

Attachments

• 20210210_210524.jpg
    20210210_210524.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210210_202148.jpg
    20210210_202148.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39
I wrap most of my body anyways.. so plastic would probably be a good fit for me
I've wrapped my kart bodies also, but for scoring reasons I've went back to clean and simple.. My racing number, and since I am my Sponsor my Business name and Im good to go. Good Luck this year wherever you race man..

I have had nice looking fiberglass bodies with wraps and for me they don't last long. Money down the toilet. I now use the Majestik rubber nose (indestructable) and used sides that I cut all the horizontal surfaces away from. Like champ kart sides. It's cheap and a hell of a lot easier to work on.

Attachments

• 20201225_105801.jpg
    20201225_105801.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 37
M&M's ABS pro series plastic isn't as durable. The M&M tuff series are like a rubbermaid garbage can and definitely will take a beating. Only problem I have with the tuff series is that it doesn't like the cold and will crack if there's any pressure on a certain spot while cold. Other than a crack in the nose and being quite a bit heavier than glass I've had the same aerotuff for about 5-6 years now.

Back