General Information Needed

JanGaLanG

I'm a dirt guy looking to try asphalt racing. I have done some research and talked to a couple people but am looking for some more information. I'm wanting to do an entry class to see how I like it. I have seen the margay ignite k3 has a spec series that runs here in illinois that looks to be fun. But do they run that spec class in other areas also? What is the most prevalent class at these asphalt tracks in the midwest? And what setup is going to let me take it to any track and be legal.

Last edited:
Depending on your location in Illinois, Misdstate kart club near Springfield, TNT in West Quincy, Gateway kartplex in Madison, 61 kartways in Delmar Iowa, Autobahn in Joliet all have ignite programs with gateway having the largest contingent. Concept Haulers near LaSalle also runs but no ignite that I am aware off. Besides ignite all those tracks except gateway have other 206 SR/Masters classes. Gateway does offer a super comp a few times a year.

If you want an entry level class option then arguably one of the best combos in the Southeast is the MGM Espionage chassis with a white Stewart LO206 Briggs engine and cut MG red tires. Paul Rice of MGM is always available for chassis set-up information and almost all asphalt tracks have an adult and masters class. If you decide you don't like it you can resell your equipment easily.

I do have a 2020 MGM Espionage that I will be selling this spring if that's what you are looking for. I'm in western Iowa.

get into the lowest HP class you can . Learn to setup and drive the Kart . low HP Karts are very unforgiving .

Back