getting a lo206. need help

Jf you wrap both plan on having problems with the clamp . It will not matter what one you use plan the silencer falling off .

This is the third season on mine and friends with no problem of mufflers falling off. We use a brace from the pipe to the muffler. The briggs rules say it has to be wrapped. If it falls off watch out for them because everybody who is legal might fall off. lol We run dirt so I don't know what kind of problems those who run pavement might have had.

We wrap both as specified by rules, we are on our fourth season with an LO206. We have never had the silencer come off. Are you attempting to clamp over the wrap?

We wrap both as specified by rules, we are on our fourth season with an LO206. We have never had the silencer come off. Are you attempting to clamp over the wrap?

No ! This is are tracks first year with the LO206 . At first we only wrap the pipe , then are tech guy had us wrap the silencer as well . This is when we had problems and either style clamp would hold . As soon as we removed the wrap from the silencer we had no more problems .

If you are using the stainless steel clamp with the bolt for a 1 5/6" muffler then something else is wrong. Are you using the legal RLV pipe?
The pipe could have been made too small so the muffler doesn't clamp tight enough, the muffler may have been made too big originally so it won't tighten properly, or your muffler clamp may be the wrong size (too big) or something else may be wrong.
How about a picture for us without the header wrap?
The next step would be to use a steel axle collar.

I can say the bouncing does work in the old two stroke light weight rear engine karts as I still race them in the vintage races. Its actually more of a bounce-lunge type thing. I've done it in the 4 strokes without a lot of noticeable difference, much heavier karts with a lot less rpm, its more out of habit for me than anything.

Back