Getting a New set of Tires Ready

jaymancds

I got a new set of Cobras, Internally rolled them already. My question is, what is the method of choice for getting the pores opened up on the outside? I have heard of scrubbing them in on a parking lot, just sand/grind them, scrub at the track, etc. Outside of cutting, what do you do to open a tire?

I got a new set of Cobras, Internally rolled them already. My question is, what is the method of choice for getting the pores opened up on the outside? I have heard of scrubbing them in on a parking lot, just sand/grind them, scrub at the track, etc. Outside of cutting, what do you do to open a tire?
Just curious, how much did u roll internally?

First are you sure you want them to take more prep ? is normal racing surface dry ?

Just curious, how much did u roll internally?
If I remember correctly it was 80cc in the rights 60cc in the lefts.

It may have been 60cc right, 50cc LR, 40cc LF. We rolled several sets, some used some new back when we were first getting ready for the year. I'm fairly confident it was 80 and 60

If they're new, most scuff them by running on the track for hot laps, or an asphalt parking lot even. I use sand paper and a pore opener like Acrysol.

I scuffed a set of Cobra's with no internal, only about 8 wipes of hot lap over the course of the week and two at the track and they came down to 45 after scuffing.

Back