getting tires to fire longer

aquaracing

Running a 1/8th mile w/33s was curious if this was in correlation with duro reading being too soft or if the inside prep needs rerolled has been about 7 or 8 races since having tires prepped and cut, have amazing speed until about ten laps or so in and tires start to fade. My assumption is outside prep fading? still quite new to prepping and any input on the topic would be greatly appreciated

What date code 33's ? How are they cut round ? what are you prepping with outside ? How much Internal ? and when were they rolled ?
Where are you racing ?

Round
Flip flop medium
90cc i believe on left 110 on right
May of this year
Seven stars raceway
To much Internal is your biggest issue, and if your continuing to wipe them outside that's to much as well. what do they duro ? I assume your running Sr Clone ?
Who cut them Cody Sieber ?

The most common split i have heard of is 30 left 45 right which is most likely what these tires have been treated with, when they were done my grandfather got them for me and i never got the chance to acquire that information, punching 55-60 am running senior clone, cody did cut them

The most common split i have heard of is 30 left 45 right which is most likely what these tires have been treated with, when they were done my grandfather got them for me and i never got the chance to acquire that information, punching 55-60 am running senior clone, cody did cut them
There's nothing you can do to them any more this season to get them to fire longer only cure time setting all winter will help that, they'll be OK for heat race for like 7 or 8 laps, but stop wipping outside for a few weeks, Simple green only, what you need for features is 2019 30 cc Internal NEVER wiped with prep punching 62, Curious what gearing were you on ? How much do you need to turn it ? who built your motor ?

Okay thank you, 340 running 14/62 ensor 6850-6950 but notice better performance a little over that range so i was gonna try going up another tooth in the rear.
Heat race i had a different set bought used, wiped and washed with track tac blue tire wash for bite and sometimes a single wipe of hammer fire prw depending on track conditions

Okay thank you, 340 running 14/62 ensor 6850-6950 but notice better performance a little over that range so i was gonna try going up another tooth in the rear.
Heat race i had a different set bought used, wiped and washed with track tac blue tire wash for bite and sometimes a single wipe of hammer fire prw depending on track conditions
You should be little better on a 13/58 Ya I'd target the 6950 to 7000 rpm, What date code are the tires you ran in the heat race ? What Air pressure were you using ? Heat then feature ? what was your lap times ? Heat then feature ?

Okay, tires are 2018 1/2 lb split at 3.5L 4R and up .5 on both for feature, mychron4 lap timer recently crapped out on me so am looking for a lead or a newer 5

2018s duro 55, no internal i will try bumping up my air both runs
I assume when you posted asking your original question you ran the 2019s in your feature and they fell off, have you tried to run your 2018s for your feature ? If not I would swap try your 2019s for your heat race ( maybe 1 wipe of medium ) then run your 2018s for the feature ( No prep )

I assume when you posted asking your original question you ran the 2019s in your feature and they fell off, have you tried to run your 2018s for your feature ? If not I would swap try your 2019s for your heat race ( maybe 1 wipe of medium ) then run your 2018s for the feature ( No prep )
I was going to try this approach but was unsure of the outcome, thank you very much for the information. Im going to go out and swap sets and bump air and change gear and we'll see what happens, last time i was on 13/57 @6950-7000 started mid pack and wasnt able to make any real gain on the front but im sure tires and air all had to do with that aswell. Thank you both

I was going to try this approach but was unsure of the outcome, thank you very much for the information. Im going to go out and swap sets and bump air and change gear and we'll see what happens, last time i was on 13/57 @6950-7000 started mid pack and wasnt able to make any real gain on the front but im sure tires and air all had to do with that aswell. Thank you both
Keep in mind that hinges on track conditions being close in comparison which they've been pretty consistent, last night the track was a teenth quicker than normal.

In my understanding of the word "fire",hen talking about tires, it's when the tires get hot enough to bite properly, or at their max, or optimum. You can exceed that optimum temp. The tires go away after that i.e. lose their bite.

In my understanding of the word "fire",hen talking about tires, it's when the tires get hot enough to bite properly, or at their max, or optimum. You can exceed that optimum temp. The tires go away after that i.e. lose their bite.
I think he knows that, his question was can he do anything to help them hang on longer before going away.

Back