Go kart body question

I have a go kart body that was given to me and I am gonna run it on my kart. It is fiberglass. It is a one piece. I havnt seen any people running 1 piece bodys in a while. Why did people switch to the 2 and 3 piece bodys?

I have a go kart body that was given to me and I am gonna run it on my kart. It is fiberglass. It is a one piece. I havnt seen any people running 1 piece bodys in a while. Why did people switch to the 2 and 3 piece bodys?
3 piece bodies were around before 1 piece.
1 piece bodies didn't show up until the mid 2000's and then it was just the 1 company selling them and that was areotech.
Damage it bad enough you're out the whole body

D86DB5B0-628C-4C41-B4D2-C23BBBB183E0.jpeg

that is the body!

Attachments

• 256B0D3A-4936-46B5-B591-C869CC721428.jpeg
    256B0D3A-4936-46B5-B591-C869CC721428.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 17
3 piece bodies were around before 1 piece.
1 piece bodies didn't show up until the mid 2000's and then it was just the 1 company selling them and that was areotech.
Damage it bad enough you're out the whole body
I ran 1 pc body in 96/97 , I cant recall the name but I purchased them at the Charlotte trade show

Oh yeah, I had this body given to me and I cant complain at all! A bunch of people are helping me and I am gonna make whatever I have work! To be honest I think it is a good looking body but there ae some good looking ones that I have seen aound lately!

If the body is pretty thick it is a true Aerotech body. Which were super popular at one time. But if it is thinner like most bodies are built it is a copy. There was a copy going around for a while that was built by a guy in KY.

If the body is pretty thick it is a true Aerotech body. Which were super popular at one time. But if it is thinner like most bodies are built it is a copy. There was a copy going around for a while that was built by a guy in KY.
I think it is pretty thick, personally i think that this body is thicker then the new 3 piece bodys.

Could very well be a aerotech. I remember his noses were prob close to 1/4” - 3/8” thick. Seems like I remember him suggesting people use rubber seat washers between the body and kart when mounting for flex. I could be wrong on that though.

Could very well be a aerotech. I remember his noses were prob close to 1/4” - 3/8” thick. Seems like I remember him suggesting people use rubber seat washers between the body and kart when mounting for flex. I could be wrong on that though.
I am gonna measure the thickness today to see if it is an areotech. That would be cool if it is.

Back