Go pro playback buffering / freezing

Howdy I have a go pro 4 black. When I download the videos to windows media player, the playback is awful. Freezes, buffers, pauses.. etc I’m wondering if I lower the resolution on window media player it should help? Is this even possible? I couldn’t find the resolution setting on windows media player. I don’t need crystal clear playback.
My laptop is approx 10 years old just trying to avoid buying a new laptop at this time
Thanks!

I was thinking that just last night .
The newest latest gadgets don't always work without the newest latest gadgets, software or device.
Maybe send it too you tube or a phone .

I was thinking that just last night .
The newest latest gadgets don't always work without the newest latest gadgets, software or device.
Maybe send it too you tube or a phone .
I wouldn’t have a clue to how to send it to my phone lol. I’m gonna head to Best Buy maybe they can confirm what I already think.. new laptop time

Ok Best Buy is telling me I need a laptop with a minimum of 8 gigs of memory to play the GoPro footage. Maybe I’ll lower my resolution setting on the GoPro first and try downloading footage to my 8 year old laptop? Does this sound feasible? I’m lost and missing out on watching my boys footage is killing me lol

Well Best Buy sold me a mini hdmi cable that supposedly would play directly to my tv. Not so much.. I ended up lowering my resolution to 720 on the GoPro and made a couple test videos. This seemed to make my old computer much happier during playback!

follow up. the resolution setting was the cause of the hdmi cable not working as well. mine somehow was set at 1440 which was way too high for my computer or tv to playback. hope this helps someone else down the road

I have the hero 4 black with the lcd screen on the back.. what I believe I did was while in video mode I touched the video camera icon and that opened up all the video settings.. mine was set to capture video at 1440 resolutions. Lol no wonder it didn’t work with anything. I adjusted it to 720p and all is good.

:) Good Job
You are now a video expert . By the way That was a much better explanation .
I tried hooking my computer to the tv so grand daughter could watch a dvd , no such luck.
I thought plug and play meant hook it up an hit play ?
Not the Case .

:) Good Job
You are now a video expert . By the way That was a much better explanation .
I tried hooking my computer to the tv so grand daughter could watch a dvd , no such luck.
I thought plug and play meant hook it up an hit play ?
Not the Case .
Expert? Lol by no means. I would love to be able to learn the capabilities of the camera and get into editing sometime.. but for now I’m just tickled I can watch what I’m recording lol

Back