Goat Pee/Black sand

kartkevin39

Found these in my trailer. Back years ago I must have ordered these but being out of karting for a few, not sure what conditions they are good for. Or if they are still good at all being a few years old. Getting back to racing and really want to learn tires. Any help is appreciated.

goat is a softner and bite prep , not for every day use as it is hard on tire. harsh and aggressive also quick acting.
black sand is a bite prep may soften some. needs some cure time not aggressive or hard on tire.

Both should be OK to use- be sure to always shake the Black Sand well EVERY time you use it. Goat, for all it's drawbacks and bad press, is probably the most widely used prep and prep ingredient in dirt karting.

You can also mix them for certain track conditions. I have found that 50/50 goat and black sand works well in dusty conditions or on dry slick tracks. The more dry and dusty the track, the more black sand you want and less goat in the mix. the more moisture in the track, the more goat and less black sand you want. Black sand mixed with acrysol works well as a pre race wipe before you hit the track also, and is a great prep to add bite to your tires during the week, it is somewhat of a chameleon prep, you can add it on top of any other prep and it takes on the qualities of that prep and adds more bite to the tire. I have never seen or heard of black sand ever softening a tire before though when used by itself.

You can also mix them for certain track conditions. I have found that 50/50 goat and black sand works well in dusty conditions or on dry slick tracks. The more dry and dusty the track, the more black sand you want and less goat in the mix. the more moisture in the track, the more goat and less black sand you want. Black sand mixed with acrysol works well as a pre race wipe before you hit the track also, and is a great prep to add bite to your tires during the week, it is somewhat of a chameleon prep, you can add it on top of any other prep and it takes on the qualities of that prep and adds more bite to the tire. I have never seen or heard of black sand ever softening a tire before though when used by itself.

That should say any other Track Tac prep as it does have adverse reactions with some other preps.

Back