going into opens

next year im moving into the opens and at my track everyone runs 450s treaded tires and drive them like late models insted of karts. im looking to get a 450 as well since its one of the bigger tracks around. wanting to try slicks because if done right i know it would be faster. but would a 450 have too much torque and power for slicks? im not sure if ud have too much wheel spin and just waste the power. (i want to leave it stock) if they were cheaper id just run a Parrila sudam but those are pretty pricey. or maybe a 450 is just fine for a slick set up? not sure just looking for tips

call justin westerfeld he can steer you rite has some for sale also, race ready! john hilton H&H racing- hilton auctioneers 1 513 967 5383 ./ also have several open sudam, karts (uas).

It will all depend on the track conditions. Slicks will take the power just fine in most cases. Unless it was loose dirt I would run slicks over treads.

go to unlimitedallstars .com look up the 2013 grand nationals race video you will see a 450 honda on slicks kicking butt until he gets dumped

450's on treads

next year im moving into the opens and at my track everyone runs 450s treaded tires and drive them like late models insted of karts. im looking to get a 450 as well since its one of the bigger tracks around. wanting to try slicks because if done right i know it would be faster. but would a 450 have too much torque and power for slicks? im not sure if ud have too much wheel spin and just waste the power. (i want to leave it stock) if they were cheaper id just run a Parrila sudam but those are pretty pricey. or maybe a 450 is just fine for a slick set up? not sure just looking for tips

I might make a road trip to check out a good group of 450 powered karts crossed up through the corners slingin dirt ! Sounds like racin !

find out who is the best handling karts at that track (no matter the class they are in) and model your tire program after them. 450 is a good engine choice but so are a lot of other engines. do what works for you. for example, if you weigh 130 pounds a 450 may be tough to scale out. if you weight 230 it might be a goood choice.

good luck

Its like watching late models trust me lol. If I didn't intend to travel I'd do the same thing but it wont work as well at big events or tracks with open drivers that have good tire programs

Back