Gold/Gold chain issue

Purchased a new extreme gold/gold chain broke it to correct length needed,installed the master link now the master link is to tight on the other links. In other words it doesn't move freely. Any ideas what the issue is?

Are you saying you pinned the chain or used an actual clip master link? But, you can take some pressure off the pin by moving the pin slightly to one side, then flip the chain over and push the pin slightly back to center and it should alleviate some pressure on the sides if you used a chain break and pinned the chain back. If you used an actual master link, just take it apart and clean it really well and lube it well and try it again. Or throw it away and buy a good chain.

In my opinion, RLV chains are junk and always have been. Overpriced, and are absolute junk. Don't use master links and use a chain break and pin the chain, maintain it properly and you'll be fine. If you choose to run the RLV you'll have to clean and maintain it much much more to keep it working decent.

Go with EK or Regina chain and you'll be a lot happier. EK silver are even better than RLV golds, hands down.

Are you saying you pinned the chain or used an actual clip master link? But, you can take some pressure off the pin by moving the pin slightly to one side, then flip the chain over and push the pin slightly back to center and it should alleviate some pressure on the sides if you used a chain break and pinned the chain back. If you used an actual master link, just take it apart and clean it really well and lube it well and try it again. Or throw it away and buy a good chain.

In my opinion, RLV chains are junk and always have been. Overpriced, and are absolute junk. Don't use master links and use a chain break and pin the chain, maintain it properly and you'll be fine. If you choose to run the RLV you'll have to clean and maintain it much much more to keep it working decent.

Go with EK or Regina chain and you'll be a lot happier. EK silver are even better than RLV golds, hands down.
Clip link. Ive moved the pin in and out with no luck,but ill try again with it. Thanks for the advice on chains. May just buy another one

If you're using the clipped link, I'd suggest removing it completely, cleaning everything really well with acetone or brake clean, or something like that. Inspect it to insure that it's not burred or bent. Then lube it and see if it loosens up. If not, I'd consider replacing the chain.

If you're using the clipped link, I'd suggest removing it completely, cleaning everything really well with acetone or brake clean, or something like that. Inspect it to insure that it's not burred or bent. Then lube it and see if it loosens up. If not, I'd consider replacing the chain.
Ok. Brand new chain no runs on it. Not saying its not bent or burred.

They were always tight for me with a master link.
If you have a chain tool you could try to push the pins a little .

Or remake it with out the link .

I'm not a fan of master links.
Use a well built chain break tool (we stock one made here locally in the good ol' USA) properly and your chains will not have any bind to them.
I don't have a problem with RLV's Gold on Gold chain, we do sell some of it, but I do believe that the EK Silver Pro is better and is what we've run on our own karts.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm not a fan of master links.
Use a well built chain break tool (we stock one made here locally in the good ol' USA) properly and your chains will not have any bind to them.
I don't have a problem with RLV's Gold on Gold chain, we do sell some of it, but I do believe that the EK Silver Pro is better and is what we've run on our own karts.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I bought a break along with a another chain "reaper" this go round,my parts company didn't have a EK. Eliminated the link. The company even sent me a press link if i needed to use the gold/gold chain.

Back