Good starting numbers for Sr Clone 340 for the Icon

racing promotor

I know there was a post before with good numbers having no luck searching it, I think I remember close but can someone give me good numbers and cambers & caster, for Burris 33 on a good gripped up surface on 1/8th mile banked oval, and RF in front hole or rear ? I know the tire and staggers.

I'm thinking 46% nose, 57.5% left, 62% cross, .5 LF camber, 2.85 RF camber, 7 & 10 caster RF rear hole, RR wheel 1/4 " off cassette, LR 7/8 " off, should be close, this is for a new driver just starting out.

OK good to know. I have an 09 and was wondering. It has been a good chassis for box stock. Won a lot of races. Dont remember my #'s off top of my head.

I find that really strange, you already gave him the percentages, I only told him what those percentage would give him on the corners. You can understand why I was so amazed at your comments. I'm thinking you just want to make me look bad.
I think you better take a better look at the post, I gave myself those numbers I'm the OP asking, nothing at all about making you look bad you've been told before numerous times the corner weight's only matter on older chassis, the newer chassis you set the % ages and the weight's are what they are, Sorry you take it that way but as long as you keep refusing to accept that I'll keep pointing it out. And when it comes to dirt oval racing subject you do a good enough job of making you look bad, WHY would I want to help.

I really don't understand what you're saying! How do you get your percentages if not by getting each corner at the right weight? I don't know what the best percentages are, you seem to be an authority on that, but I know how to get the corner weights right from the percentages you said he needed! Knowing the correct percentages is great, but it's my opinion, if you don't need to spend a lot of time calculating them, the corner weights, it's also a big advantage.
Let me ask, if you have the percentages, how long does it take you to calculate how much weight you need on each corner? My spreadsheet takes less than 10 minutes, probably 5 minutes. And there's no calculating whatsoever.
Best thing, I give it away. lol
alvinnunley62@gmail.com
Let me try to help you understand, when you say I gave what HE needed, I'm pointing out the HE you refer is ME, I responded to myself to get feed back, what's so hard about understanding the % ages dictate what the corner weight's will be, and on the newer chassis there's no need ( use for ) knowing what the corner weights are, I'm just pointing that out to the newer guy's so they don't waste any time worrying about it, NOW on the older stuff with the more balanced set ups YES we wanted to know to confirm the LF & RF were close the same, and that the LF & RR were with in 2 to 5 lbs of each other and I always wanted the RR to be less than the LF, so I would tweak based on corner weight's, Yes I could set down and figure out what the % ages need to be 100% to make the corner weight's for the older chassis come out to what I wanted, it's just easier to set the % ages more balanced then tweak based on the corner weight's, plus that's quicker. PLUS you've been told before the karting scales show you the corner weight's no need to calculate or pull out a chart, just write them down, but what they don't show is any CRAP labeled front cross or rear cross, just something to confuse the newer guy's.

There is a note on my computer monitor .
Icon pushes when RF is overloaeded or not enough bite .
Add left or rake .

Then I think I would add a little more cross too. maybe 64 but your at a good starting point. Like flattop said little more nose also.

Back