GoodHope Speedway

For those who have ever raced ,liked , loved, hated, GoodHope Speedway.. This Saturday could be the last race ever.. come out for possibly one last Saturday night.... there is some interest for a new owner but nothing is certain..

Too bad .
I was only there one time . The tracks around here that closed never reopened .
Best of luck . Hopefully ya'll can keep it running .

For those who have ever raced ,liked , loved, hated, GoodHope Speedway.. This Saturday could be the last race ever.. come out for possibly one last Saturday night.... there is some interest for a new owner but nothing is certain..
What are they asking for it?

Amy word on what's going on with a new owner. Need to know whether I'm putting my kid in a kart for here or a jr Sprint for Deerfield.

The owner of Goodhope Speedway is the New Middletown Ohio Volunteer Fire Department.

They have for many years supported Kart Racing and Goodhope Speedway and I hope they do so in the future.

I'll never forget one Saturday night after complaining from a resident or residents about the noise and dirt created by racing.
A parade of Police and Fire to the Speedway in support of the speedway.
It's in reality a community racetrack.

I’ve raced there for years and yes I have seen a decline in kart count but I still enjoyed the people and the atmosphere of always being welcome. I have tons of great memories and races there. It’s a shame they are closed but hopefully that is just for a short time. I know the past couple years I have stepped away from racing because I got married in 09 and now we have a 1 year old son but I would love to take him and show him something daddy loved to do and possibly hop back in the driver seat again. If anyone hears anything about a possible new owner let me know cause truthfully if I had the availability to I would take over in a heartbeat.

I’ve raced there for years and yes I have seen a decline in kart count but I still enjoyed the people and the atmosphere of always being welcome. I have tons of great memories and races there. It’s a shame they are closed but hopefully that is just for a short time. I know the past couple years I have stepped away from racing because I got married in 09 and now we have a 1 year old son but I would love to take him and show him something daddy loved to do and possibly hop back in the driver seat again. If anyone hears anything about a possible new owner let me know cause truthfully if I had the availability to I would take over in a heartbeat.
There is a group that is interested in getting it going (very small) for the first year of ownership... no experience running a track. But would require some help from the racers to pitch in to get it going. Not sure as to whether its going to go or not, but it CAN happen if there's enough willing to help.

There is a group that is interested in getting it going (very small) for the first year of ownership... no experience running a track. But would require some help from the racers to pitch in to get it going. Not sure as to whether its going to go or not, but it CAN happen if there's enough willing to help.
Probably not.

Too many cooks do usually spoil the soup.
Maybe a club with general support usually from family of a strong leader might work.

Back