Google Maps Satellite view, catches a crime in progress

paulkish

old fart
Go to Google maps satellite view, put this in for the location and hit enter.

copy the line below and put it in the search box:

Van Zandt avenue / washington street, newport, ri

Next, take the little yellow figure and place it directly on the intersection of Van Zandt and Washington Street, down by the edge of the water where the pier goes out. Place your view point 'exactly' in the center of the intersection.

When you move the yellow figure a green dot will be below it. Place the green dot on the intersection. Then put your cursor on the "N" and rotate the view around until you see the "Lady in White".

Me thinks the lady in White, drove there in her white SUV to commit a crime. And she proly commits the same crime daily.

See if you can see the crime she is caught in the act doing.

I think I'll send this to Jay Leno. ... :)

ps... at least she obeyed the blue sign on the left of the pier.

Last edited:
Now for a little detective work.

Next got go down the street from the intersection, past the white van and turn right onto Sycamore Street. Then stop at the center of the next intersection, which is Sycamore and Bayside. If you remain in the intersection and look down Bayside, you will see what looks to be the white van parked down the street on the left. I then went down the street to find the house the white van was parked in front of. It's a fine yellow house, but the time of day appears to be later because it's now sunny and the white van is gone. My guess is every morning before work, the Lady in White goes down to the waterfront in front of the pier to commit a crime. ... :)

ps... I just looked at the cast of shadows and it appears the crime took place late morning.

You have way too much time on your hands.

yes I do. here's how I found it.

I was trying to help out a fellow karter find a service to repair his vinal cutter in new england, per his post.

That led me to looking at his bio, then looking at the town he was from, then on to finding a larger city near by for him, ... then I saw what looked like a neat bridge across a bay. Well, that lead to looking at the fine bridge with google earth and naturally I had to take a google earth ride across the bridge. well... On the other side of the bridge it was apparent they made a mistake with the off ramp. There's an off ramp to nowhere. So me being me I took a google earth ride to where the off ramp would have been to see why. It appears they did their planning with just a map and didn't complete the origional plans because of the bridge for the rail road tracks... and yeah.. ya know what next.. I rode on down the street to look at the pier to see if it was a good fishing pier. Low and behold when I got to the intersection, I saw the Lady in White. you already know what happened next.

Hey, it's either do this of help with late Christmas cleaning and decorating. At least I look busy.

They are not the same vehicle. Go to Van Zandt and Bayside and look left just before you get to the intersection. That vehicle is what appears to be a GM product and the one on Washington is obviously a Ford.

The first “van” by the water is a Ford Explorer. The second “van” is a GMC Yukon. Walk back up Van Zant and you can see it parked in front of a non-yellow house. And, why would someone drive a block to commit that crime? Seems like it would make more sense to walk and let the crime happen where it may.

What I think is the same car is only visible from the intersection at the end of the street I noted. I don't see a white GM product from where you indicated. Also as soon as you start down the street from where I indicated, the car is no longer there. The lady is just too lazy to walk around the block, so she takes the car.

edit: Correction, you two are right, it's not the same car. I WILL DRIVE AROUND THERE UNTIL I FIND IT !

sure hope she does not have a garage for her car

Correction. I'm still correct.

The car seen from the end of the street I indicated is not the same car you two and now I see from the other end of the street. The car I pointed out was parked in front of the yellow house. The different car you two are pointing out is not. If you go way down the street behind the ladies car by the pier, it sure looks like the same car from the end of the street I pointed out. If you magnify it, it looks even more like the same car.

maybe?

I can see the GMC from both ends of the street, but not from on the street itself. The Ford has the license plate in the bumper on the rear. The GMC has the license plate in the center of the rear hatch.
The yellow house is the second house from the Sycamore end of the street and I don’t see any car in front of it in any views.

So, I went there and wasted 10 min. and didn't ascertain the nature of the crime. Perhaps because the "new" Google maps has a different type of street view? I did find a guy with a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist up Van Zandt a ways... "Secure Transport" or something like that....

Now for a little detective work.

Next got go down the street from the intersection, past the white van and turn right onto Sycamore Street. Then stop at the center of the next intersection, which is Sycamore and Bayside. If you remain in the intersection and look down Bayside, you will see what looks to be the white van parked down the street on the left. I then went down the street to find the house the white van was parked in front of. It's a fine yellow house, but the time of day appears to be later because it's now sunny and the white van is gone. My guess is every morning before work, the Lady in White goes down to the waterfront in front of the pier to commit a crime. ... :)

ps... I just looked at the cast of shadows and it appears the crime took place late morning.

Too funny! At least it's on a leash.

I am only about an hour and 15 minutes from Newport RI, but I really don't feel like driving down there to get to the bottom of this. LOL!

I found a guy who owes me money from google earth...someone told me where they had seen him so I looked on there and there he was sittin on the front porch!

I am only about an hour and 15 minutes from Newport RI, but I really don't feel like driving down there to get to the bottom of this. LOL!

aw common now, look at the shadow on the stop sign and the month the picture was taken, you know she goes there everyday before noon. Unless the dog died, you have a shot at solving this. And... she appears to be up front an impressive woman which might warrant your attention, assuming she and you ain't married. ... :)

sure hope I didn't just get my thread deleted

Back