Google searches not taking me back to what I am searching for on this site. Did something change ?

kartracer_3

In the past I have found it much easier to do a google search on a topic then click on the link to find what I was looking for rather than trying to use the search bar on this site. Now the links just bring me back to the forums. Did something change and why ?

I noticed that started around the time the website was updated. I'm not the guy to tell you why though. I thought maybe it was my cheap tablet I use to surf..

I noticed that started around the time the website was updated. I'm not the guy to tell you why though. I thought maybe it was my cheap tablet I use to surf..
that is exactly when it all started! I believe anything that was posted on the old webpage will not pull up under Google search! very frustrating haha

It changed when the software was updated.

What you do it take the title of the thread you want from your google search and enter it into the search bar here, and click search titles only. You will find it pretty easy that way. It's a PITA, but it works well.

At the time of the update, the url of the site changed from karting.4cycle.com to 4cycle.com/karting
Any links to karting.4cycle are redirected to the new base url, the alternative would be to turn off karting.4cycle with any attempt to connect ending up with a "server timed out" error.
There was supposed to be a set of scripts that would automatically redirect links to the correct link on the new board, but I couldn't get them to work

I was just happy that all the posts, usernames, and passwords transferred correctly and worked.

Google has already indexed every page of this site, and is ever so slowly getting caught up on the search side. I believe they're too busy with their current goal of World Domination to worry much about getting their search engine caught up, and worried much less about a go kart racing site. :)

At the time of the update, the url of the site changed from karting.4cycle.com to 4cycle.com/karting
Any links to karting.4cycle are redirected to the new base url, the alternative would be to turn off karting.4cycle with any attempt to connect ending up with a "server timed out" error.
There was supposed to be a set of scripts that would automatically redirect links to the correct link on the new board, but I couldn't get them to work

I was just happy that all the posts, usernames, and passwords transferred correctly and worked.

Google has already indexed every page of this site, and is ever so slowly getting caught up on the search side. I believe they're too busy with their current goal of World Domination to worry much about getting their search engine caught up, and worried much less about a go kart racing site. :)
Thanks Bob, I thought it was something to do with my PC . I will contact Google and let them know that this karting site is much more important than an world domination plan.

Back