GoPro mounting

JGR32

I’m thinking about getting a GoPro style camera to get feedback that my inexperienced son can’t give me. Is there any recommendations on where to mount or specific mounts to use?

I’m thinking about getting a GoPro style camera to get feedback that my inexperienced son can’t give me. Is there any recommendations on where to mount or specific mounts to use?

We bought a Cambox. It fits inside the helmet and gives you a view of what the driver sees. I love it - I’ve actually sent video files to our chassis guys - it was a different perspective (and very helpful) for sure. I think the total kit was $200 ish ?

Most rules do not allow mounting to helmet anymore. I believe for insurance purposes.

We mounted ours to the steering post in front of the steering wheel. While it does not show the drivers hands, it does give a feel for if the kart is loose or pushing.
Some cameras are really sensitive to sound, and may mute it completely. The sound of the engine can sometimes be really helpful with inexperienced drivers.

We mount ours on the driver faring.
Just a note of caution. Helmet mounted cameras are not legal in WKA. Other orgs may differ.
The reason being, both SFI and Snell disapprove of mounting them on the helmet.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

Back