Got two motors dyno tested

David Wulf

Last Wednesday I had to go to Chattanooga to take my daughter her car back , she in school down there .
So I figured sense I was driving by Stout Racing why not stop and have my predator and little red clone dyno,ed . And I had called the day before to make an appointment with Lewis .
Well got there around 10:30 and talked about the builds and decided to go get some 110 octane fuel .
We ran the predator first and it did much better than I though it would . Mr stout seemed impressed also . Build is a hemi bottom end , RTC6 head ported by me and milled 78 thou , black mamba and 1.3 billet rockers , billet rod and flywheel . And a 24 mm flat slide on it . This motor made some really good torque and pretty flat all the way across .

The little red clone was next . Build billet rod , Honda flat top piston , Honda 160 side cover , dyno 308 cam and champion rockers . 18 cc Honda head ported and one of my very best jobs yet, stainless stock size valves , and 50 thou milled off . And running a cheap 22mm mikuni carb .
We made two pulls , after the first one we pulled the carb and dropped down a jet size she was better but still not perfect but she ran good .

I want to say that this was the most fun I've had in a long time and Lewis Stout was the nicest person to deal with ever .
The info alone that a learned was more than worth the money spent .
So if any of y'all are in the area stop in and see him , great man to deal with .

Last Wednesday I had to go to Chattanooga to take my daughter her car back , she in school down there .
So I figured sense I was driving by Stout Racing why not stop and have my predator and little red clone dyno,ed . And I had called the day before to make an appointment with Lewis .
Well got there around 10:30 and talked about the builds and decided to go get some 110 octane fuel .
We ran the predator first and it did much better than I though it would . Mr stout seemed impressed also . Build is a hemi bottom end , RTC6 head ported by me and milled 78 thou , black mamba and 1.3 billet rockers , billet rod and flywheel . And a 24 mm flat slide on it . This motor made some really good torque and pretty flat all the way across .

The little red clone was next . Build billet rod , Honda flat top piston , Honda 160 side cover , dyno 308 cam and champion rockers . 18 cc Honda head ported and one of my very best jobs yet, stainless stock size valves , and 50 thou milled off . And running a cheap 22mm mikuni carb .
We made two pulls , after the first one we pulled the carb and dropped down a jet size she was better but still not perfect but she ran good .

I want to say that this was the most fun I've had in a long time and Lewis Stout was the nicest person to deal with ever .
The info alone that a learned was more than worth the money spent .
So if any of y'all are in the area stop in and see him , great man to deal with .

Lets here some numbers :)

Barry the predator made 19.91 HP at 7750 ,the red clone made 18.83 HP at 7250 . If you go to OMB . Com I have a thread in the motor section that has all the print outs and graphs .

Back