Governor arm shaft

bullerman

Which way should the shaft that the governor arm goes on be turned to install the arm. I can turn it with the half moon part turned towards me but it doesn't seem right. Want to put the governor back on.

Like the arm attached to the throttle linkage or the one that goes into the engine?

The external arm that the throttle linkage attaches to points toward the carb. The internal one points toward the low oil sensor plug on the block.

I kept fooling with it and finally got it. I had taken it off my kart and put a new hemi on. I put fresh oil in and and ran it three times varying throttle position. On the third time I raced it up of the factory setting. About 3600 rpm. I started backing in the throttle stop screw. Ended up backing it all the way out. Tight at 4900 on the stand.
I think instead of moving the the position of the spring I may just tie wrap a few of the coils of the spring and see if that raises my rpm some. I believe I could also change holes in the governor arm to raise the rpm a little. I want to try for 5300. We have a 5500 rpm rule. Going to work with it tomorrow.

Back