Gratton Pre-Season Test Days. April 14-15th.

I am listing the below information for Robert Lawson with regards to a pre season test event he will be holding April 14th. and 15th. 2018

We are once again planning on a pre-season closed course longtrack test session at Gratton Raceway in Belding Michigan like we have run in years past however this year we are also considering running a full 2 day program. Before we commit to a full 2 day event we would like to gauge your interest in participating in such a event. If we do not have enough interest for a 2 day event to take place the call will be made 2 weeks prior to the April 14th.-15th. weekend and we will revert back to running a 1 day event like we have run in the past. If we decide to only do 1 day and you sign up for a 2 days you will receive a refund for the difference between a 1 and 2 day event .

Entry Fees are listed below
2 Day entry, per driver: $300.00
1 Day entry, per driver: $200.00

The costs have gone up a bit but the math still proves this to be the best $ per hour you will find ANYWHERE.

Here is a price break-down.

2 Day entry : $21. 43 per hour @ 14 total hours = $300 (2 - 8 hr days, – lunch breaks)
1 Day entry : $28.58 per hour @ 7 hours = $200 (1 - 8 hr day, – lunch break)

Again, the Indoor rentals charge $20 @ 8-10 minutes ($120-$150 per hr!)
Actually, they are not far off what you pay to chase a piece of wood, or beer mug at your local Road Race events per hour either.
($150 @ 3 x 8 min practice runs and a 30 minute trophy dash)
As always, lunch OR Dinner is on me {Robert Lawson].

I will accept Sunday only 1 Day entries.
If we go to a single day program there is no telling which of the 2 days will be chosen by Mother Nature! We will just have to see how it turns out. Be ready for either day!!!!

IF we do a full weekend the lunch breaks will only be 30 minutes, Dinner will be served in the MX garage for all drivers and crew right AFTER the closing of on – track activities Saturday. ALL participants are welcome. (yes, you can dine & dash!)
For the single day program lunch will be 1 hour, it is served in the MX garage, and it is also included. (we ask you let Corner Personel & EMTs cut the line so they can get back in position on time)

NO, race fuel will not be available at the Track!

YES, Friday and Saturday night camping will be FREE! (trailer drop off is available before 10pm)

Check or MO here:

Robert Lawson
17731 Ivanhoe St.
Roseville, MI. 48066

OR Paypal to f-125@hotmail.com (choose no fee/Friends & Fam)

Please include kart info/class for reference.

*I will have a pre tech sheet that must be filled out, available by email, send a note if you want to fill it out early. Or, you will get it at the track when you arrive.*

Updates and further details will be posted at Ekartingnews.com in the Roadrace section under 'Track Day Talk' or Robert can be personally reached at f-125@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Thanks Bob K for posting that for me!

Thanks to Bob @ 4 cycle for getting me back online here so quick too!!!

If you road race your 4 you cant beat this deal. A ton of track time, good food, good folks AND maybe Bobby will click off some pics for us too!!!

Been a long time, its good to be back!

Did I forget to mention the 40 lbs or so of Brisket, smoked right at the track, with all the fixin's??? :p

Its all included with the best deal in track time anywhere!!!!

We are very close, just 2 or 3 drivers away from leasing Grattan Raceway for A FULL WEEKEND!!! Less than 30 guys total!!!!!!!

How would you like to have one of the most challenging Road Courses in the Nation at your disposal for 2 full days??? With so little traffic???

Time is running out. As soon as I have the 2-3 remaining drivers this offer will be over. NO cash at the gate, NO dropped by to spectate..... NO sir, this is a closed private test.

This could be once in a lifetime guys.....

We DID get all the participation necessarry to lease Grattan Raceway for an entire weekend.

Unfortunately, the weather in Western MI is going to be terrible with thunderstorms and ice/snow Saturday night into Sunday.

So, we have cancelled the test and have begun refunding all entries.

After 270 views we got nothing from the 4 cycle community??!!!! Your rules may not allow to tweek the engine, but working on chassis is an open area for all.

If Y'all have not done all the possible changes one can make to wheels, tires, hubs, axels, track width, scrub radius, Caster, Camber, toe, seat position, seat thickness, seat struts, ballast location, type of ballast, bodywork, bodywork mods, front to rear %, right to left %, cross weight, even stagger... then you have work to do.

Unless you tested these things, back-to-back, you simply dont know! Try doing these things at a race event, it would take years to do what can be done in a day, or 2, of testing.

Maybe there just isnt much RR interest here.

Mr. Evans, thanks again.

RPM

Back