Grease Filled Bearings

If you run oil, make sure your seals are air tight. sand and dirt will collect on oil also and get right into the bearing race where it will cause friction. Grease does collect sand and dirt but keeps it away from the bearing race longer. I don't know that I have ever seen any proof of oil being faster. Especially in side load testing. Do you have any data on that?

Wouldn't a dry lubricant of sorts be better ? Some people swear by them . I use WD regularly myself , with just a little Lucas High Temp wheel bearing grease .

I've always hand packed my axle and front spindle bearings with good old fashioned axle grease, never have had an on track failure yet in 15+ years, do keep an eye on them soon as I feel any unnecessary friction/spinning resistance they get replaced....

Here's something interesting . boca bearing ---- uc207-20g ...24$
The grease rpm is 2.6 x1000 or 2,600 rpm .
That's adequate .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201030-195437_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201030-195437_Chrome.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
We run the bearing guards, easily removable, clean bearing weekly in an ultrasonic cleaner. And spray bearings with Triflow as needed, WD40 in a pinch. Axles and hubs run very free all night.

I don’t recall ever buying a 206 or 207 with grease in it.....
I did some research on the bearings . The difference appears to be an industrial type bearing has grease , the free spinning kart bearings have a light oil and rust preventitive in them .
In essence the free spin have light oil and standard have grease .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-110857_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102-110857_Gmail.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 17
Back