Greased lightning

What specifically are you looking for .
There all similar, driver type being one of the big differences .
3 tab 4 or eight. Baskets mostly control that. And disc configuration.
There are a few differences in diameter , ward /infinity type ; I have no experience with them.

I'm just getting back into karting after 10 yrs. We started with a greased lightning and moved to a reaper. I remember the reaper being more narrow and springs and levers seemed to stick out more. I'll be on a predator motor most of this yr and some tracks do open clutch. U really dont want to fork out near $300 for a bully on a $100 motor.

Evolution by Infiniti, goldilocks by Dover and many more in the 175.00 price range.
Look in the business section plenty of great clutches in that range, and some have used rebuilt for that price or less

Evolution by Infiniti, goldilocks by Dover and many more in the 175.00 price range.
Look in the business section plenty of great clutches in that range, and some have used rebuilt for that price or less

Would it be working backwards having a narrow designed clutch on a box stock motor? I was also trying to look at the cheetah clutch

As xxx40 said lots of good used stuff avalible.
In your situation the inferno drum clutch is a good choice.
Durable work well not overly expensive.
Fury , flame and fire.
Fury being the least expensive and adequate.
I ran horstman for quite a while, honestly I'd look for something else.

For drum clutches I have a stinger. But for small indoor tracks that allow open clutch I was looking for something better. Specially till I drop more weight I scale just under 400 pounds.

MDC would be great for that but no support parts are harder to find.
Greased lightning if it's ready to race with some drivers and right price would suit the bill.

I'm not a fan of the Horstman or Cheetah.
Both have too thin of pressure plate and backing plate and are too close to the price of some of the better copy clutches that you see all over the internet. @ $175 - $200 for a brand new clutch (pick a color and cool name) you'd be much better off than either the H'man or Cheetah.
A used Bully clutch with a quality rebuild would be my choice @ around $200.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back