Green plate big pipe header for torque

Bringing up an old one... Does anyone sell an .810 header now? Or have they all moved onto .880. Probably doesn't make much difference but thought i'd ask

Last edited:
I spent a lot of years experimenting with, and building, two cycle pipes. There are some similarities between two cycle pipes and four cycle pipes.
One thing I found, the bigger the pipe, the more top end it has. I have no experience with four cycle exhaust, but I'm pretty sure this fact/theory would hold true for four cycle engines. In my experience, with two identical length pipes, one big diameter and one small diameter, the bigger pipe didn't seem to have much more low in, but definitely had more top end. There's all kinds of theories available to explain this, but you'll have to look it up.
I think in theory, shortening the smaller diameter pipe, could accomplish the same thing as putting on a bigger diameter pipe. Only experimenting will tell.

I spent a lot of years experimenting with, and building, two cycle pipes. There are some similarities between two cycle pipes and four cycle pipes.
One thing I found, the bigger the pipe, the more top end it has. I have no experience with four cycle exhaust, but I'm pretty sure this fact/theory would hold true for four cycle engines. In my experience, with two identical length pipes, one big diameter and one small diameter, the bigger pipe didn't seem to have much more low in, but definitely had more top end. There's all kinds of theories available to explain this, but you'll have to look it up.
I think in theory, shortening the smaller diameter pipe, could accomplish the same thing as putting on a bigger diameter pipe. Only experimenting will tell.

Back