Green plate gearing

Eric85629

Ive been reading a lot of posts mention that plate motors usually use a larger front driver than Sr clones. Seems like a lot of people say go up 2 teeth from what the Sr class use.
Is this almost always the case? Our track is a 1/5 mile dusty track. I think most the Sr clones run 16 tooth drivers. Is an 18 tooth front driver appropriate for a green plate?
My kids will move into jr1 green plate soon, I'm pretty new to all of this and I'm trying to figure out what drivers and sprockets to get without buying 2 of everything.
Thanks again everyone

Ive been reading a lot of posts mention that plate motors usually use a larger front driver than Sr clones. Seems like a lot of people say go up 2 teeth from what the Sr class use.
Is this almost always the case? Our track is a 1/5 mile dusty track. I think most the Sr clones run 16 tooth drivers. Is an 18 tooth front driver appropriate for a green plate?
My kids will move into jr1 green plate soon, I'm pretty new to all of this and I'm trying to figure out what drivers and sprockets to get without buying 2 of everything.
Thanks again everyone
Provided the Sr clones are 60 rear gear or lower with the 16 driver, then yes I'd expect you'll end up with an 18 front driver for green plate.

Back