Green plate head

Does this include the larger plates like blue? We are running a Predator engine with non hemi head. Would I be better off with a clone 181 or the pred with larger valves?

I never tested the Pred big valve head on a blue plate clone. So I cant answer this one.

is there a difference one track runs a plate (big pipe) other track runs no plate but requires a small pipe... restriction coming or going....
thanks

In your situation, the little pipe is the bottleneck in for the unrestricted, and the blue plate is the bottleneck for the big pipe.

I've used the 181 in a couple unrestricted engines that guys have done super well with, so I'd say its a solid bet.

As for the porting, keep in mind I have a flowbench (SF60). I've done more testing than I care to admit with the 181. Properly ported, it is the standout from the crowd (plate wise).

Bringing an old one back from the dead...

When you call a head a small runner head like how much smaller is a 181 than the typical clone head?

I never said the 181 was a small runner. I simply said at that time which was Jan of 2018 that the 181 was the best head to date for plate engines. This came after an entire season (2017) of testing and customers running the 181.
I still think the 181 was one of the best heads to date, it is rivaled by the 223.

I never said the 181 was a small runner. I simply said at that time which was Jan of 2018 that the 181 was the best head to date for plate engines. This came after an entire season (2017) of testing and customers running the 181.
I still think the 181 was one of the best heads to date, it is rivaled by the 223.
So i read into it more than you actually said. I ordered one i can cc it when it arrives.

Back