Green Plate

POPO

We have someone at track we go to once in while that is in the "green plate " class that turns around 6200 rpms and is a straight away faster than everyone else in the class. what could be going with this?

Kid understands maximizing momentum tires are right, they understand gearing utilizing biggest front driver posible, top dollar motor.

A green plate can turn 6200 but our stuff starts to drop considerably after 5500, we are on a small pipe as well, not much experience with big pipe. Have they pulled the plate/carb and confirmed its legal?

Our green plate is best between 5700-5900. Our purple plate is 6000-6200 although my daughter turned it 6337 Saturday night and she was bad fast....and it didn’t look like it was falling off any.

My target RPM is 6200 on a green plate big pipe, biggest driver I can get away with, Usually 1 tooth above what the adult classes are running. SO if their on a 13 were probably on a 14, Carries more speed into the corner and with a 100lb weight advantage over say the 350# class we scrub off less speed, Thats how we can normally get away with going 1 bigger. Now if it seems like it is going to be a wreck fest with multiple cautions ill drop a tooth just to assist on the restarts...... Very few times has it worked in my advantage though lol

80% of tracks Green plate will be 2 driver sizes bigger than adult, Blue plate is 1 bigger, purple is on the fence some only 1 some 2, Green most always 2 some 3 bigger. This is when the driver is maximizing momentum not a lot of on and off the throttle.

Back