Grooved tire advice

bullerman

Bix Stock class. Running two tx11 and two tx22. Squeals and scwals bad. We are not allowed to prep tires. I know they are too soft so how do I know what compound to use. Treaded tires are hard to come by here so I would like to get the right ones. I would think 33 or 44 but don't know which one. The track usually ends up with pretty good grip. Usually rough as hell. Any suggestions?

First question, do you have to run grooves, second, if you don't, why are you on them, get ride of the grooves and go faster!!.

Bix Stock class. Running two tx11 and two tx22. Squeals and scwals bad. We are not allowed to prep tires. I know they are too soft so how do I know what compound to use. Treaded tires are hard to come by here so I would like to get the right ones. I would think 33 or 44 but don't know which one. The track usually ends up with pretty good grip. Usually rough as hell. Any suggestions?

Wash them, leave them outside to harden up. And go up on air pressure. May not fix the whole problem but it will help.

First question, do you have to run grooves, second, if you don't, why are you on them, get ride of the grooves and go faster!!.
Yes we have to run grooves and no prep. One of the reasons I started back racing the Box Stock class with the rpm rule.

I'm not a fan of 44s at all. I'd suggest 33s, cut them to half tread, and put a profile across them to free the kart up. Especially in lower HP classes where you aren't spinning the tires. You can't afford to be picking up the race track and throwing rooster tails behind you will big heavy full tread tires in lower HP classes. With Hoosiers, I prefer to use a much smaller size that we run in stock classes or anything under 25HP that roll out 34" right sides and keep the kart similar to the way it is set up with slicks rather than the tall tires that were designed for the 250 & 500cc winged outlaw cage karts that you see a lot of guys running (and tracks mandating.)
If there's anything we can help you with, please feel free to call us at the shop during business hours.

Vector Cutz Treaded Tire.jpg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Have you got Hoosier tires in stock now for the lower powered Predator Box stock class. I talked to you one time but I can't remember what size tires you recommend. Thanks

Have you got Hoosier tires in stock now for the lower powered Predator Box stock class. I talked to you one time but I can't remember what size tires you recommend. Thanks
Yes sir. In stock, but still limited supply and the price has gone up considerably.
Give us a call at the shop today and we can let you know current availability and pricing.

Back