2015 Slack Axiom
Lynd motor 3 race
Burris 33A Tire Rule

Qualified 1st: .67 faster than 2nd
setup
Burris 33A Duro 58 Two coats Gambler Purple w/ good grip
2 disc bully w/ 16/63 gearing. We turned 5850 RPM

My question:
I left things alone. We got passed in turn 1 but got the lead back at lap 11/15 and won. The kart that passed us was quicker in the straights but slower than us in the turns.

first year racing. Should I have went up on pressure and added a tooth

I'm more concerned with rpm drop than rpm peak. Without knowing that information, it's kind of difficult to recommend changing the gearing.
I suspect you were not turning enough rpm for your engine....Lynd should be able to provide you with that info according to how the engine dyno'd. Personally, I like to work on momentum with small plate classes. Get up on air for increased roll speed, and increase bite in the tires to retain sidebite with the higher air. For sure be up on air from what you were running previously at your local track IIRC.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The last year of the axiom was 2013, 2014 the xpect came out, not saying there couldn't be a couple of axioms that may have had a 14 plate due to left over inventory. There should be a plate on the chassis on the back part of the motor rails. You said clay city, was it the Elmo Lewis memorial race?

The last year of the axiom was 2013, 2014 the xpect came out, not saying there couldn't be a couple of axioms that may have had a 14 plate due to left over inventory. There should be a plate on the chassis on the back part of the motor rails. You said clay city, was it the Elmo Lewis memorial race?
Yes

I ran the stock appearing demo derby, I was on 4/5 for air I feel like I could have been up 1/2- 1 psi still. I was on new 2020s .060 thick semi round punching 60 wet on the grid with four2glue from Phil Schneider. Tires had never seen prep before then. Rode 3rd, I went the wrong way on tires all day thinking wiped up for the prep groove. Just needed to fire the tire and ride.

Back