Guide Plate

Skidude

I recently purchased an engine with this guide plate and it the pushrods go through the large end, the only end they’ll fit, the geometry is way off. It positions the rods too near the rocker stud, nowhere near where it’s supposed to be. What am I missing. I pulled the one off of my GX 160 to get it going.

Attachments

• 65B29E8E-F061-4209-AAB1-7B53F372BE5F.jpeg
    65B29E8E-F061-4209-AAB1-7B53F372BE5F.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 13
Well now honda and clone are not totally interchangable . They did copy the honda . Mostly .
Still if the 160 pushrods are bigger then they don't fit .
Not much choice . you could order a bigger plate for the 3\16hs pushrods or massage the one you have . I had same problem order cromoly push rods = no fit . Still haven't ordered the big plate .

Maybe right about not being interchangeable. When I bought the clone engine I didn’t realize the lifters and push rods were wrapped up in plastic. I thought that pack was just a junk tool kit. When I realized the engine didn’t have a cam, or , (so I thought lifters and push rods), I pulled the lifters and pushrods from the Honda. Then realized the Honda push rods didn’t fit the guide plate so I swapped that too. I’ll need to unroll the pack and see if the clone push rods fit the original guide plate. Next time I pull the valve cover on the clone I’ll mic the Honda push rods and compare. I just assumed they were the same.

I did order the guide plate . So the cromoly are 4.79mm/.188 the standard clone are
4.03mm/.158. . You might want to check your legality .

20200903_175144.jpg

I did order the guide plate . So the cromoly are 4.79mm/.188 the standard clone are
4.03mm/.158. . You might want to check your legality .

View attachment 11012
I will when that time comes. His first time ever on a go kart was two days ago in my front yard. My goal right now is to just let him ride in the practices to get some seat time. When he gets to where he doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb in practice I’ll build him a spec engine. He’ll be legal when race time comes. I definitely wouldn’t want my grandson to get called out for being illegal in a race.

Back