Guitars to Triumph motorcycle Hobby Change

josheezpapa

I became very very ill in Jan.. I contracted 3 diseases that could each kill me, I had 3 at once.. the ER I was indid a good job of bringing me back, thrucongestive heart failure and kidney failure after ketoacidocic, cellulitis, ad sepsis..
But,im unable to return to work.
Ive played guitar over 40 years, that seems over too.
I have about 32 of them, some very collectible...
My wife's ex has had a 76 Triumph motorbike ive wanted for 30 years.. he's selling everything and moving out of state.

I committed to the Tramp.. I pick it up after the weekend.. ive had a few brit bikes, love them ... I can afford to build it , but the plan is to sell off most of the guitars and parlay that to the old Bonnie ... I guess when life knocks you down, sometimes it throws some flowers on you.

Anyone here into these old British machines?
If so, raise your hand and recute with me
"Electrics by LUCAS.. Prince of Darkness"

Thats me .
The reason Britts drink warm beer ?
LUCAS Electronics !
A 76 is the newest updated version besides todays modern designs .
Glad You Can move forward with a positive outlook .

My last was a tl50v trident.. 73 model.. I thought it was as good as Triumph got.. til I rode my triends t160 trident...
Ive kinda wanted a 750 Bonnie for awhile.. they may. IMO,be the prettiest motorcycles ever built.
Lol@ warm beer= Lucas

They are . When the aluminum cases are all polished up and those ,
Chrome air cleaner covers .
Prue Forum follows Function .
The Trident was a sweet ride .
The Bonnie is light , Quick and Nimble !

They are . When the aluminum cases are all polished up and those ,
Chrome air cleaner covers .
Prue Forum follows Function .
The Trident was a sweet ride .
The Bonnie is light , Quick and Nimble !
Many years ago a friend built 2 show bikes, both choppers, 1 triumph Bonnie, 1 BSA.
He was testing a new tunnel ram setup in the driveway, throttle hung wide open, he went through and out the back of the garage, when I got to him, the first thing that caught my eye was those bikes under the car

Triumphs hell i got a 67 TR6R a 58 T110 and a Trackmaster Triumph with a head built by C.R. Axtell i got number plates signed by Gene Romero and Gary Nixon. Used to talk to Gene Romero and Neil Keen all the time.
don't make fun of Lucas they invented the first 3 way switch
Dim, Flicker and Off

IMG_4892.jpg

I met Gene Romero thru a mutual friend many many years ago.. my friend ran Norton. Harley, and indian flat trackers

What kind of strats you got?
Don't laugh..
I have USA peavey predators.. I have a regular one, hopped up.. 3 dual blades,maple reverse headstock neck, mother of toilet seat pickguard, some gold parts
I have a predator ax.. fantastic rosewood board. 4 pickups.. this configuration really shoulda caught on.. pickups need replaced, wiring is intact... usa made
Usa blackout predator.. very uncommon... needs minor things.. is a great usa strat...
I have a few good partscasters.. my fave I know
Nothing about... hss .. black w rosewood.. was my main player til I got sick... I put up my les paul special, my 56 ric, and my Gibby SG for it.. yet its unknown, so it has no real value

Axtell was iocal to me.. lots of horsepower came out of that little shop
Axtell invented the flow bench made it from a Paxton supercharger and his Dyno Big Red is still the only dyno people trust to give real HP numbers. people say he was the first to discover ports could be too big. True innovator guess that's why he's in the motorcycle hall of fame. if you look at the Romero Plate Ax's signature is on there along with his right hand man Mike Libby.that plate will go to my children. gone are the days when being a Grand National Champion meant something. you had to race TT road corse flat track and short track to get the title.

Similar to the story Jammie told .
I was tunning a 850 Norton hill climber . One gear high and neutal .
We are in a metal pole shed/shop . I let out the clutch thinking it was in neutral .
The thing shot out from under me . Sticking the front wheel right through the sliding door . OOPS !

Been there ill still doing it get weller, i'm still at it for bout 2 years now.

First bike I ever got to ride on was a brand new 1966 bonneville a fellow GI bought in Kentucky while we were at Fort Knox at Clerks school. after Boot Camp.

Rode the Dixie Highway to I don't remember where, maybe some bar but maybe not. so long ago and just don't remember.
I felt honored to get to ride on a brand new bike. He was going to ride it home after the school.

Don't laugh..
I have USA peavey predators.. I have a regular one, hopped up.. 3 dual blades,maple reverse headstock neck, mother of toilet seat pickguard, some gold parts
I have a predator ax.. fantastic rosewood board. 4 pickups.. this configuration really shoulda caught on.. pickups need replaced, wiring is intact... usa made
Usa blackout predator.. very uncommon... needs minor things.. is a great usa strat...
I have a few good partscasters.. my fave I know
Nothing about... hss .. black w rosewood.. was my main player til I got sick... I put up my les paul special, my 56 ric, and my Gibby SG for it.. yet its unknown, so it has no real value
Peavey made some pretty good strats. And Jimi Hendrix musta played that partscater to trade a LP special, ‘56 Ric, and an SG for! Lol. I am a Fender guy, I have an ‘08 Sage green mexican, maple neck, pearl pickguard that plays and sounds awesome. My most expensive strat is an ‘05 Fender Custom Shop Eric Johnson signature. First year production, serial number under 10,000. White, quarter sawn maple neck. Got the EJ for doing custom hardwood floor and ceramic tile in my buddy’s house.

No, im sorry for the misunderstanding.
I meant traded its position in my gigging line up...(sounds like u have a great strat)
The strats my number one while the others sit..
I still own both.. the Rics been in my family since new.. its not going anywhere.. after looking and keeping track, it seems there may be 4 or less in the world... its a transition or prototype model 2knob 450.. half cresting wave body. Half tulip body.

Peavey strats (us made predators) are great bodies with some of the best ( microtilt) necks... but the electronics need help badly

Yeah, my buddy had a Predator, he put 2 Fender Texas Special single coils and a DiMarzio Norton humbucker in. When he went to trade it in, they wouldn’t give him any extra for the upgrade, so I bought the pickups for $100. Bought a strat pick guard and put them in a Kramer Focus strat with a coil tap. I play that more than my Fenders. I wasn’t a fan of Rickenbackers, didn’t like the looks, but they sound and play great. You got a keeper.

My mom and dad bought new guitars in 56 as wedding gifts.. his was the Ric.. not my fave, but it is very rare and cool and NOT a hollowbody... hers was a j50 acoustic which has unfortunately stolen. They set out for the San fran/ Berkeley area to make it big. My sis was born in 57 and I in 59.. too many mouths to feed... so, while he played on a couple records, it was time to give up the dream and come back home...
He was killed in 68... the guitar represented the world to my mom... so I had her keep it with her ... when she was unable to care for herself I brought it home.and gigged it for a year or so...
Its put away now.. old rics aren't very valuable, but this thing means more to me than I can describe .... im not asuper big fan of the looks, but itsbeen inches family longer than me, it kinda grows on you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1620170545327.jpg
    FB_IMG_1620170545327.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 13
Back