gx 200 carb

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
so I'm plugging away at this basket case Honda,... I pulled the carb apart best I could, punched out the jet to .040 and cleaned it with spray carb cleaner..
I measured the round port on the carb to be .75... is this the biggest stock carb that fits this motor... (factory specs) or is there something bigger?
I have the air filter adaptor on it and will put a cheap filter on it..
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT to the carb??? I'm not looking for trade secrets, jut want it to run.
OH I did note the fuel inlet tube is TINY!!.. should I do something with this.. I put 3 sets of safety wire on it to pinch it off, but I'm afraid it will leak.

all advice excepted.. thanks

The GX200 carb measures .575 at the venturi, the clone carbs are up to .615. There are many things you can do but you should get it to be a runner first and then start tuning. It is possible you have hogged the main jet out too large. The fuel spigot is small for 1/4 line, make a small bushing from a smaller tube. I found the vent tube from a MC battery or lawn tractor worked fine snip off 3/8-1/2" length slide it on first then your fuel line.

OK on the venture.. I have no way to measure that, Yet...
am I going to get enough fuel through that little spigot?? is there a way to pull it out and replace it without too much trouble??
I was just trying to get a little more fuel.. whats' a good size or should I just leave well enough alone?? it was the first drill bit size I had that would not pass through the hole.

You will get plenty of fuel through the inlet spigot. Carburation is not as easy as get more fuel. I suggest leave it alone until it is running and then see what is needed, you are guessing at best.

OK on the venture.. I have no way to measure that, Yet...
am I going to get enough fuel through that little spigot?? is there a way to pull it out and replace it without too much trouble??
I was just trying to get a little more fuel.. whats' a good size or should I just leave well enough alone?? it was the first drill bit size I had that would not pass through the hole.
What size was the drill bit? What size, just guess if you can, was the jet before you drilled it?

Let me give you an example; if the jet started out at .038" and you drill it out .001", you have increased the area of the hole by more than 5%. If the jet started out smaller, and you increase it by .001", the percentage increase would be even more.

Just a warning; drilling jets is a very crude method of doing it. The very slightest flaw in the hole, because liquids are about 700 times denser than air, can disrupt the flow substantially. You could drill a jet bigger, and get less flow because of the flaws. Not always, but it's possible.

The GX200 carb measures .575 at the venturi, the clone carbs are up to .615. There are many things you can do but you should get it to be a runner first and then start tuning. It is possible you have hogged the main jet out too large. The fuel spigot is small for 1/4 line, make a small bushing from a smaller tube. I found the vent tube from a MC battery or lawn tractor worked fine snip off 3/8-1/2" length slide it on first then your fuel line.

Good advice from kart43.

Take the stock black fuel line off the stock gas tanks and use a short piece of that over your fuel inlet tube on the carb....this will let regular fuel line we use for the karts slide over it snug and not come loose. I would still put a zip tie around the fuel line when done, just for good measure. I keep the hose that comes on the stock tanks from predators and honda's just for that reason, its perfect size to fit right in the fuel line we use on the karts. I would ditch the honda carb and find a clone or predator carb, bigger venturi will flow more air and more fuel stock for stock

I used to use zip ties ( Ty-wraps ) but found on rare occasion they would leak because they don't pull down to a perfect circle.
If you can find those constant pressure spring clips used on OEM fuel lines you get better results

Back