Gx 200 hp?

JRML

Does anyone have any idea how much horsepower my gx200 has? Here is what I have done to the engine.

-GX160 head -14cc
-ARC billet rod with bearings
-Honda flat top piston
-New rings
-ARC racing billet flywheel
-Advanced timing key 8 degrees
-26 lbs valve springs
-chrome moly push rods
-22 mikuni carb
-NR racing 274-0207 cam

Depending what you did to that 14cc head to support that carb, valve size, comp ratio...and rpm range you will be running 14-17hp...

Depending what you did to that 14cc head to support that carb, valve size, comp ratio...and rpm range you will be running 14-17hp...

I just bought a clone head off eBay, the head isn't cut or anything. What would you recommend for a head and valves for the most power?

Best to talk to NR racing or Tim Isky to nail that down.
Tell them your build and what you want from it.
Stock valves will support around 15-16hp...that is on a head that has been P&P good...then maybe a 27 or 28mm on intake and maybe a 25mm on exhaust! and you really do have to unshroud the valves on the 14cc head...

Really though it is best to talk to a pro to get the combination that works together to get the most out of your build.
So each upgraded parts compliments the next to adds to the sum of upgraded parts to maximize hp and performance.

this is what I got.
14cc honda head milled .080" and ported a bunch
27.5mm In 25mm Ex Valves
zero decked the block. stock bore
milled honda flat top piston with skirt cut short (from NR racing)
.020" longer than stock ARC billet rod
stock honda crank
NR racing 285 cam
37lb single coil springs
billet lifters
chromoly push rods
Racseng 1.2 roller rockers
ARC 3.5hp adjustable billet flywheel. 36 degrees of timing.
ARC billet side cover with dual 1/4" breathers to the valve cover
Robertson loop header with limited mod muffler
Mikuni 28mm Alcohol flat slide carb

Just had it on the dyno and it was 22hp @ 8000 rpm. it showed good useable power and still pulled past 8000 rpm.
I usually turn the thing 8200 to 8500 all day long.

Not to bad for a stock bore stock stroke 196cc honda.

I ran a race at Whynot Motorsports park in the UAS class and qualified 7th out of 15 or so. However had problems with a 24mm round slide Kehin carb and couldn't give it more than 1/2 throtle. still managed to finish 6th.
With all the big Gx390's, 450f's, Sudam's, BRC's, and 250's didn't do too bad.

hope this helps.

Winnerscircle, what cam do you run with that build? That's exactly what I was looking at doing this time except different carb. Been running the 28mm flatside mikuni on alky. I was thinking of running the isky 315. I'll be on 1/8-1/4 size tracks mainly. Do you run 1.2's?

Back