Gx 390 build

Looking for someone to balance a crank. Also looking for a billet side cover and 1.3 roller rockers

We do not balance stock cranks but we do have a Billet +.200 stroker crank that is balanced, we also have 1:3 roller rockers and a new Billet sidecover to be released in the next week or so.

Looking for someone to balance a crank. Also looking for a billet side cover and 1.3 roller rockers
All crankshafts are balanced. That's why they have those big cheeks opposite of the crank pin. Thing is, as you increase the rpm of an engine, those cheeks need to be heavier to balance the engine at the higher RPM. A single cylinder engine is only "balanced" to a very narrow rpm range. Most of the engines now being used are normally designed to be run at 3600 RPM. I have to assume the crankshafts are balanced for that rpm. If you're going to turn more RPM, as we do in karting, you just have to add more weight to those cheeks. With my McCullough's, in the open class, I welded tungsten weights, made by Horseman manufacturing, to the cheeks of the crankshaft. My Mc open's were really fast, and I attributed some of that to those counterweights.

There's math, I don't have it, for calculating how much extra weight to add to balance the crank "better" at a higher RPM. I'm pretty sure there are people on Bob's who know how to calculate it.

So after that wonderful diatribe, can you tell him who can balance his crank, supply a billet sidecover or some 1.3 rockers?

So after that wonderful diatribe, can you tell him who can balance his crank, supply a billet sidecover or some 1.3 rockers?
di·a·tribe [d ə trb]
(plural di·a·tribes)
n
bitter criticism: a bitter verbal or written attack on somebody or something
a diatribe against falling standards

[Late 16th century. Via French < Greek diatribē

Jeremy and Dana at Ambush have top notch products and stand behind everything they make, most of their stuff is priced very competitively with other companies I won't mention. They have some very nice stuff, alot of people been using them lately, especially the small block stuff

Saving Almost over

Ambush Racing Products currently has a Sale Going on until this weekend. Giving 17.76% off to celebrate Independence day. Our Billet Side covers have been performing awesome on the tracks getting Great Feed back from customers.. as well as small blocks. We do have a source for balancing Cranks However there is usually a 2-3 week lead time. Look us up on facebook or message us on our web site.. Thanks again for all the GREAT comments on here.....

I'm not knocking ARC , but $500 for a crank is a little much , not trying to be critical but for the money of building a bullet proof 390 or 460 you can get a mx450 with more power.

Back