Gx 390 cam

Bobby l

I have a gx390 took it down to rebuild and cam has swa or ams depending how you look at and the #56 anyone know anything about this cam ?

Cast cams are rarely identified by the casting #s .
Was it in a stock engine or is it supposed to be something special ?
Lift is the only thing you can get without degreeing it and comparison to know grinds .

Looks to be stock but checking lift at valve springs I was getting like 306 on intake and only like 260 at exhaust but cam looked like it maybe was welded and pins that hold compression release were ground on

All the welded cams I have are pretty evident . Most appear to have been done with stainless or maybe a hardfaceing rod . Definitely silver looking with visible definition between parent metal and the added material .

All the welded cams I have are pretty evident . Most appear to have been done with stainless or maybe a hardfaceing rod . Definitely silver looking with visible definition between parent metal and the added material .
Yes that's what this cam looks like .I am sure it been welded .just seemed like lot of difference in lift on intake and exhaust just thought someone would recognize markings on the cam

Back