Gx160 build

Dirtdodger

Looking for best torque and overall speed/acceleration can get on a gx160 5.5hp motor for between 200 and 400 dollars. If anyone has some ideas on cam, rod, crank, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. Doin a build for a friend who doeant currently race but wants to have a drift trike/kart cause they have a little rivalry in town over their bikes and other wheels and he wants a better running motor than everyone he already has a good lookin bike but needs a better motor. He said he wants it to pull wheelies? Lol.

I assume you have the GX160 in hand and the cost of a GX160 wont be deducted from the 200-400 dollars? I have a GX160 that has a Black Mamba Sr cam, King billet steel flywheel, ARC rod to put the piston flush with the deck. It has an RTC-8 predator head on it, which has 27IN and 25EX valves stock. 26# springs, not milled, but ports are cleaned up. 1.3 stamped steel rocker on the intake. I just threw it together with spare parts basically and it is a pretty quick motor, it surprises me. I don't have a tally of cost as these were spare parts, besides the black mamba Sr. cam.

Back