GX160 UT2 head flow numbers

knighty

Has anyone ever flow tested the GX160 UT2 cylinder heads? via using the standard Honda cam lift? if you have any flow data that you can share I would be appreciative of seeing it, I generally see 2 types of heads either TKI 1-5 or ATA 1-5.......whats the feeling which are best?

For sure on my dyno I see a big variation in top end power from 4500-6500rpm, which I feel is mainly down to head port flow characteristics......but I cant yet say its down to a certain head code.

I believe the UT2 GX160 engines have been in manufacture since around 2012 in Indonesia.

If anyone has any good flowing standard GX160 UT2 heads that they are looking to sell, I'd be interested if you feel they are good enough, must be standard ports and chamber, with no signs of gas-flowing, but can have a 3-angle valve seat cut. The fire-face can be skimmed down 0.2mm down to a minimum head thickness of 73.8mm, if any thinner then I'm not interested as this will fail our tech no-go gauge requirement.

We have lots of ATA-1 thru ATA-7 heads for sale.

Steve
www.Bakerracingengines.com

Many thanks Steve, any idea of costs that you want for them? please PM me, I would be interested to know which ones you feel offer a flow advantage over others, I have heard a certain early ATA number is epic, but I have not yet found it to test on my dyno......by a stroke of luck I picked up a SuperFlow SF120 flow bench today, so I can now start to dig into this a bit deeper.

We raced the Honda engine for14 years there was always a better head. We were scavenging every where for the #1 casting. They always demanded big money. When you found or bought one the favored head now had a different ID and you start all over.

Thanks Kart43, yep I agree, just down to tooling variations I guess, did you have any specific experience with the later UT2 heads?

We found the last engines we used UT 2 needed very little prep work as far as machining and we found the heads to be as good as any.

Back