gx200 with a stroker

joe02

I have a gx200 stroker that keeps pushing the sidecover gasket out is there anything I can do to keep this from happing again thanks

Do you have solid dowels, don't over torque. It is possible you may need extra ventilation. I would guess it is overtorqued though.

Stud it, locktite it,rtv the gasket, and vent it. If that don't work put billet side cover on it and do same procedure. Is everything balanced? How many rpms are you turning it.

take a center punch and on the block or cover punch dimples about an inch apart....you may even consider some silicone.

Like Mike said, use a Honda gasket. Some clone gaskets are extremely poor quality. Make sure no sharp edges exist on the side cover or block. That will cut the gasket and make it more prone to "squish" out. good luck

Try not to use gasket but use Sikaflex 221 or similar. Clean both flanges and virtually glue the cover on, it helps support the block as well.

I have a gx200 stroker that keeps pushing the sidecover gasket out is there anything I can do to keep this from happing again thanks

Sounds like you need to vent it more.building to much pressure and its blowing it out.
use high temp copper sealer on both sides too.

Back