GX270 info needed

battarbee38

About to get my hands on a Genuine GX270 and was wanting to use it for 100 lap "enduro" races so I don't have to put wear on my built 212 doing that. What are the best ways to get these to somewhere around 15hp. Looking for info such as jet size for gas, head gasket thickness, piston replacement, valve springs, headers, and mufflers, and would I need to get billet flywheel and rod or is 15hp easy to get to without putting that much stress on these motors. Any help or tips or general info is appreciated. Thanks!

A good port cleanup and 390 carb with nr 306 cam and hd valve springs should get you there. Rod and flywheel is highly recommend but that's your call. Nr header works well. Stock jet's should be close.

About to get my hands on a Genuine GX270 and was wanting to use it for 100 lap "enduro" races so I don't have to put wear on my built 212 doing that. What are the best ways to get these to somewhere around 15hp. Looking for info such as jet size for gas, head gasket thickness, piston replacement, valve springs, headers, and mufflers, and would I need to get billet flywheel and rod or is 15hp easy to get to without putting that much stress on these motors. Any help or tips or general info is appreciated. Thanks!
Why use a Gx270 . Have you tried a Gx390 it may be more beneficial to you to try it.

Back