gx390 carb question

usxokie

I`ve got a 196cc yellow clone with bsp3 cam a 6619arc fw 26lbs springs. I put a stock gx390 carb on
it it`ll run but with the choke on. I cant get it to idle right. using 87oct gas. any ideas would be cool.thx

Do you have a stock carb? It would work much better. With a .22-.24 pilot jet and a 37-39 main jet.
The 390 is too,big for the small mods you have on the engine! That being said you could try a little bigger pilot jet, and a little smaller main jet.
And before too long I would watch the cam it will wear quite quickly with the 26lbs springs...

I ran the cl2 cam with 26 lbs springs and it wiped the lobe in one race. I think 18 lb springs would be better then 26 lb springs.

its a stock 390 carb. I could put my 10.8 springs back in. and try some new jets. thanks for the idea`s

its a stock 390 carb. I could put my 10.8 springs back in. and try some new jets. thanks for the idea`s

That's a lot of carb for what your running. Its very hard to get a 390 carb to do well, even on a modified clone. Just hard to get them to not have a stumble. A true Honda is the best way in a 390 too.

Back