gx390 ?

A

~AARDY~

Couple questions on these motors - normal op temp? what plug is best? preferred oil? optimum rpm?

This is our new motor of "choice" as they are the standard for minicups, electric start GX390 stock. The motor I have didnt have a stock carb, so need to find a ctock one - wheres best place to find a stock carb?

I run the NGK plug BP6ES, BPR6ES is fine too and a little easier to find. I run Amsoil Dominator racing oil. 0W-20 or 10W-30 depending on build. I just use the whole quart. 28 to 30 OZ is what most run however in mini-cups. About 5200 is about max RPM you want on a stock rod for any length of time. I try to stay at or below 5000 on stock (ish) builds.
On the carb, Clone or Honda? Search GX 390 Carb (and Carburetor) on Ebay and just look at the results. Clone carbs for $15 (or less) all day long. May even find a Honda this way too. I greatly prefer Honda carbs over clone. JMO Good Luck

Jeffery - what the sam heck you doin over here in 4cycle.com land???
Hell man, I didnt know you was a B4C member - :D

We run gx270's stock carb, probably seeing up to 7000 rpm all day, no problems, with stock rod and nr-280-rpm camshaft

Aardy,
I've got brand new take-off 390 carbs here that I can let go cheap. I think I mentioned this to you on another thread.
Lots of other genuine Honda parts in stock as well.
Always glad to do some trading of services too.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back