Happy cap info?

What is the difference in the regular cap and a Happy cap? I j
Have looked for info on line with no luck. I know brian sells them just wondered what was different inside of them?

The happy cap has the outside vent well above the baffle so if a little fuel splashes above the baffle it will settle in the cap and drain back down to the tank. No fuel leak, happy happy. Also, the top of the cap is smaller and taller which makes it easier to blow into for priming.

The primary difference is the steel baffle insert. It allows you to run more fuel, or a flat mount without the normal concerns. They are WKA/etc. legal.
Yes, we still stock and sell them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Awesome. This is the only tread on this subject btw. Another question do the happen to come stock on working Flatheads or are they a custom thing for racing? Reason I ask is because I have a few of them that at least look the part.

The primary difference is the steel baffle insert. It allows you to run more fuel, or a flat mount without the normal concerns. They are WKA/etc. legal.
Yes, we still stock and sell them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Is there any rule on that? A kid got popped in tech said it wasn’t turned the right way or something? I have them in my tanks, happy cap let my down too many times

^ No, you're thinking of the tank insert. The tank insert is a short band of steel with a tab to keep it from rotating.
The tank insert is particularly helpful for road course racers on high G right hand corners. It keeps the fuel from draining back into the tank as quickly. It can help some for oval racers, but generally is not needed.
Yes, there is a correct (and incorrect) way of installing it. It must be installed per the instructions in the WKA tech manual.
You also cannot use this piece to create a pressure feed of fuel to the carb.

The happy cap and the tank insert are two separate things. They really serve two separate purposes as well.

^ No, you're thinking of the tank insert. The tank insert is a short band of steel with a tab to keep it from rotating.
The tank insert is particularly helpful for road course racers on high G right hand corners. It keeps the fuel from draining back into the tank as quickly. It can help some for oval racers, but generally is not needed.
Yes, there is a correct (and incorrect) way of installing it. It must be installed per the instructions in the WKA tech manual.
You also cannot use this piece to create a pressure feed of fuel to the carb.

The happy cap and the tank insert are two separate things. They really serve two separate purposes as well.
So are they a special cap or can they be found on regular flatheads?

Back