Hard/High Bite Qualifying

Millenium32

So there's a couple tracks around here that get real hard and have a lot of bite. Ones an indoor track, maybe a little smaller than Williamston, and the other one is a a little more than a 1/4 mile. Soft tires and more air just don't seem to work for these conditions, but when I get on hard, thin tires. I qualify in the rear. Any suggestions on how I should qualify with these track conditions?

I'd be on round cut seasoned tires with plenty of bite added threw the week with the best firing prep you have for that track to qualify on.

So there's a couple tracks around here that get real hard and have a lot of bite. Ones an indoor track, maybe a little smaller than Williamston, and the other one is a a little more than a 1/4 mile. Soft tires and more air just don't seem to work for these conditions, but when I get on hard, thin tires. I qualify in the rear. Any suggestions on how I should qualify with these track conditions?

Your giving the track credit for bite that's not there, just cause it's hard does not mean HIGH bite your title should read Hard / Better Bite, if it were HIGH bite you would be on 55's, post #3 pretty much hit it what to try. When your qualifying in the rear how's your RPM's compared to normally ?

Good Luck !!

Youre getting on too hard of a thin tire. A good Burris, seasoned, and hit with an aggressive prep trackside will do the trick at times, at other times it likes to be prepped throughout the week with just a bite prep, prepping less aggressively.
Need to figure out which is best for your situation.

Liberty and Ponderosa.
Ponderosa will be higher bite than Liberty, just by the to types of soil used.
images

For there use what you used for a night race at Dumplin Valley, round cut, in the 50's, some type of black prep cut with acrysol
Watch the track times, if they are getting, faster you could probably get by with just an acrysol wipe, and more air

id go 1 1/2 front 1 1/4 rear at ponderosa and 1 3/4 front 1 1/2 rear at liberty

Chop Cutz
Porkchop
(812)-447-3306

Wouldnt 1 1/4 be a little much for Ponderosa?
if that picture is the Ponderosa track, that's a pretty big radius turn. Measure the distance between the straightaways and I'm pretty sure I can give you a much more accurate number for stagger. Include the center to center spacing of the rear tires.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

3/4" rear, maybe even less. It's a big track for karts and the way karts will arc the track you'll not even have to turn the steering wheel!

Round or intermediate cut Burris 33s. If you're on TT products, Black Sand or similar in another brand. Our Pink Panther works well there, as does Venom Pink/Black mix - all external. Get up on air for 'Rosa for sure.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Yes it would be, 1 inch at most, i would start at 3/4 rear

I agree, 1 1/4 was too much at ponderosa, 7/8-1" worked much better there. Liberty isnt really a high bite track but had good bite, ponderosa was a different story, it got hard and had alot of bite pretty quick at the last race there.

Back