Harrisburg flea market?

No i was there but nothing was left to buy because everyone sold the night before and there was not a lot tbere

We arrived Friday night about 10:30, paid the $40 and got set up around midnight.

Honestly, I was disappointed with the turn out of karting related items this year.

Sold must of what we took, found a few deals but nothing like years past at Harrisburg.

We packed up and left Saturday morning around 9, had a 3 hour ride home and another hour ride to the track that afternoon to race.

My son got some good deals on his pro stock needs but he and others told me karting stuff was limited and not such good buy’s

I thought it was "off" a bit as well -- vendors and buyers.
There was plenty of kart stuff there, but not much high end stuff -- lots of older stuff, which is probably what most would expect from a swap meet/flea market.
I thought the number of stock cars was considerably higher.
Micros maybe about the same,
but way down on sprint car stuff - especially the high end stuff from big teams, who were likely absent due to Charlotte running.
Still got some good deals, but came back with a lot more kart stuff than sprint car stuff, which is why we started attending this show again. I did see one guy with a U-haul pick up probably 15-20 used karts there. I had considered that, but even the older/cheaper karts seemed to be bringing more money than usual this year.

You have to be there Friday night when they open. Any later, and you WILL miss some deals.
The only deals on Saturday are the left-overs that guys want to dump just so they don't have to take them back home with them.

Still a great show, but I definitely thought it was down this year.

I thought it was "off" a bit as well -- vendors and buyers.
There was plenty of kart stuff there, but not much high end stuff -- lots of older stuff, which is probably what most would expect from a swap meet/flea market.
I thought the number of stock cars was considerably higher.
Micros maybe about the same,
but way down on sprint car stuff - especially the high end stuff from big teams, who were likely absent due to Charlotte running.
Still got some good deals, but came back with a lot more kart stuff than sprint car stuff, which is why we started attending this show again. I did see one guy with a U-haul pick up probably 15-20 used karts there. I had considered that, but even the older/cheaper karts seemed to be bringing more money than usual this year.

You have to be there Friday night when they open. Any later, and you WILL miss some deals.
The only deals on Saturday are the left-overs that guys want to dump just so they don't have to take them back home with them.

Still a great show, but I definitely thought it was down this year.
I saw the same with the U-haul last year. He said he disassembles them, stacks them on pallets and ships them to California. He says used karts are very hard to find there.

Yep ---- there was a guy there from Washington state I thought last year that was doing something similar. I didn't talk to the guy there this year, but by midnight he had at least 10 karts at the back of his truck.

I saw the same with the U-haul last year. He said he disassembles them, stacks them on pallets and ships them to California. He says used karts are very hard to find there.
Yup Washington state. I just moved from there as I'm stationed in VA. now. There are very few Karts on the west coast that are for sale. Most that you find are Tony karts, TAG, Ect. Not a lot of LTO karts and what is there bring big money. Talking with those guys and they are trying to get a small kart population in their area just so they can race.

I am doing something similar while I'm stationed here, picking up deals when I can so I can take a bunch of Karts back to Oregon so I can race, and have Karts for buddies too. (in case anyone has karts for sale I'm always looking lol)

That guy was my first customer and just about wiped me out......this was around 5pm Friday while it was still light out.

Back