Harrisburg swap meet dates ?

just seen this on FB … not sure if its true or not …..

Word on the street is.....
Vendors will not be allowed to set up Friday or even park in the lot across from the flea market

The flea market will be Saturday early morning set up and run all day

Like it was always intended to be in years prior to the close of Sliver Springs

That will ruin the event for sure hope it's not true.
Why, because you can actually see bent junk in the sunlight instead of trying to figure it out in 30 degree nighttime weather and no lighting?

Otherwise, who cares if you drink a beer at 2am or 9am.

Well we care because it's been a tradition now that I get off work early and the kids leave school and we make the 3.5 hr drive early to cook food see friends camp out and the flea market just happens to be an extra benefit.

***HARRISBURG FLEA MARKET***

I just got off the phone with Kreitz, And they advised me that the flea market this year will take place SATURDAY ONLY, November 2nd.

Due to insurance regulations and a lack of staff/complaints, they made it Saturday only. Buyers/sellers can load in starting 4 AM on Saturday.

Don’t shoot the messenger or hold me to this, this is just what I was told.

***HARRISBURG FLEA MARKET***

I just got off the phone with Kreitz, And they advised me that the flea market this year will take place SATURDAY ONLY, November 2nd.

Due to insurance regulations and a lack of staff/complaints, they made it Saturday only. Buyers/sellers can load in starting 4 AM on Saturday.

Don’t shoot the messenger or hold me to this, this is just what I was told.

It ends when everyone leaves.. Not being a smart butt but its true.. If it goes back to the original set up of 20+ years ago it would start at approx 5am and run till approx 4pm or so...

I also feel this will hurt the show.. MANY people shopped Friday night instead of Saturday, they could do this show and still not mess their weekend up.. I know we sell 80% of our sales came from 6pm to 2am... died for a couple hours and started back up BUT way WAY less traffic Saturday morning..

This is a story I can honesty testify too.. WE started going about 22 years ago we think it is.. They parked on Friday evening BUT no one was ever open selling.. We started telling people to come see us, that we would be there all night long with lights on and FREE food for anyone that wanted toi hang out.. First year only 3 or 4 trailers did so right around us (All go kartrers).. All of a sudden it multiplied 10x times year by year to where its at now...

Yes but it also became you had to be there at 4PM on Friday or you missed the good stuff. I don't think starting at midnight is going to kill you, or even if it started at 8am it would be mostly done by noon, leaving a lot of time for people to still get wifey stuff in.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can not really shop this place in 4 hours.. i mean really look,,talk and mingle... We will be there like always regardless of times..

Just called the info line on the website and got a real person on the line...he verifies 12:00 midnight....hope this helps....Dave

Thanks, i talked to him a couple of weeks ago. He is probably getting tired of calls, but if he would give more info he wouldn't have to worry about calls i guess.

Back