Harrisburg swap meet,

My Toy

The swap meet at the Farm Show Harrisburg PA, is this still going on? If so, anyone know the date?

To make it easier for you and others to find if you can't get information from one of us, it is part of the PA Farm Show Complex events. Go to http://pafarmshowcomplex.pa.gov/events, select events, then choose November (it is always in November, generally the first weekend), and be aware that what you are looking for is called the Silver Spring Race Car Parts Flea Market. It is the modern continuation of the huge race car and parts flea market that Silver Spring Speedway put on until it was shut down a number of years ago.

To make it easier for you and others to find if you can't get information from one of us, it is part of the PA Farm Show Complex events. Go to http://pafarmshowcomplex.pa.gov/events, select events, then choose November (it is always in November, generally the first weekend), and be aware that what you are looking for is called the Silver Spring Race Car Parts Flea Market. It is the modern continuation of the huge race car and parts flea market that Silver Spring Speedway put on until it was shut down a number of years ago.
Gotcha, thanks

I just called the information number and was told the unofficial Friday start is still up in the air. Basically the farm show rents out the parking lot for the day. So the guy told me if they let us in early we will go in, but we might have to wait until midnight to park since it's technically not rented for the swap meet until Saturday... He has my name and number and is supposed to call me back when he knows when we çan set up. I told him I would pass the info on.

Going to be a long line outside the gate if they make them wait until midnight. :)
I understand the farm show people's point though -- I'm guessing that getting employees (and security) to stand out there all night long is no easy task. We're all racers and don't mind the cold temps and rain so much. LOL

FWIW: We will be attending this show, but not setting up at it (same as last year.)
We will be glad to deliver anything that anyone is needing, or be availabel to pick up anything to bring back for work (ie engines, clutches, tires, etc.)
Keep in mind that we are also looking to purchase as many used (rebuildable) genuine Bully clutches as we can get our hands on.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I just called the information number and was told the unofficial Friday start is still up in the air. Basically the farm show rents out the parking lot for the day. So the guy told me if they let us in early we will go in, but we might have to wait until midnight to park since it's technically not rented for the swap meet until Saturday... He has my name and number and is supposed to call me back when he knows when we çan set up. I told him I would pass the info on.

Let us know

Info above (Possible Midnight before entering is correct)
They are trying to get the Farm Center people to work with us all but for some reason they are pushing this issue..
Face it it may come that they have to rent it for 2 days and if so the vendors may have to pay a lil more for their spots.. Its still the BEST bang for the buck in the entire USA..

I just got my call back from Alan Kreitzer. The OFFICIAL word is no parking or setting up until MIDNIGHT FRIDAY.

Besides "tradition" I still don't see why it can't be like a normal flea market and occur during daylight hours when you can actually see.

As someone else said, the Friday night deal is beneficial for most due to work or racing or other things that may be occurring on Saturday. For myself who works most Saturdays and races on Saturday nights it’s nice to leave work a little early on Friday afternoon and head up to walk around. If it isn’t Friday night or early am hours of Saturday I won’t be attending unfortunately.

Going to be a mess trying to get trailers parked, doors down, parts drug out, etc with people walking around with flashlights looking for stuff.
I don't know what it would cost to rent the grounds for another day (ie same as it has been in the past), but I am thinking it would be worth it to everyone.
If they are holding rigs at the gate until midnight -- I wonder what that'll mean for staging them before midnight? The muddy parking lot across the street? This could get very interesting. :)

Either way, it's a "do not miss" show for anything open wheel.

Going to be a mess trying to get trailers parked, doors down, parts drug out, etc with people walking around with flashlights looking for stuff.
I don't know what it would cost to rent the grounds for another day (ie same as it has been in the past), but I am thinking it would be worth it to everyone.
If they are holding rigs at the gate until midnight -- I wonder what that'll mean for staging them before midnight? The muddy parking lot across the street? This could get very interesting. :)

Either way, it's a "do not miss" show for anything open wheel.
Trailers being parked , doors down and parts drug out won't be any different than its been in the past , maybe not quite dark yet but not far from it ...and on a side note the lot does have fairly decent lighting.....

How did the flea market end up there anyway? Why not have it at Williams Grove? Either the race track or where they have a flea market every sunday. Or another place. York Fairgrounds would be a perfect place.

Grove couldn't handle the parking or the number of trailers I would think + eing scattered around the property. I don't know about other venues, but having a paved parking lot is a high priority I would think. Especially with weather like last year's.

Trailers being parked , doors down and parts drug out won't be any different than its been in the past , maybe not quite dark yet but not far from it ...and on a side note the lot does have fairly decent lighting.....

I'm still curious how staging the trailers (esp. bigger rigs) across the street is going to work out -- last year was a mud pit - they'll e pulling guys out with tractors all day long if that's the plan and the weather turns south.
I still vote for renting the grounds for an additional day and keep the show like it has been --- but I don't get to make that call; I'm not the one putting the money up to put the show on. :)

Back