Has anybody turned to Karting 206 for speed fun instead of tracking a car?

I have owned a few cool sports cars. Best one was a 2015 Corvette Stingray. No longer have that beauty. Always thought of tracking it but always something inside me said "don't do it". One day I went to a hpde event and an instructer gave me some great wisdom. He told me if "you can't afford to wreck it, don't do it". What do you guys think? Yeah, I am 50 yrs old. Beginner. Lol. Ger.

I have owned a few cool sports cars. Best one was a 2015 Corvette Stingray. No longer have that beauty. Always thought of tracking it but always something inside me said "don't do it". One day I went to a hpde event and an instructer gave me some great wisdom. He told me if "you can't afford to wreck it, don't do it". What do you guys think? Yeah, I am 50 yrs old. Beginner. Lol. Ger.
if your asking if your too old to go kart racing... the answer is NO. i'm 52 got started at 46, know guys in their late 60's running karts... and yes they are affordable to wreck and easy to fix or replace.. you may even start collecting. i'm down to 6 karts from 11..

A lot of tracks have a masters (old guy) division too. Our LO206 masters is one of the biggest classes we have. The guys have a lot of fun.

I was at a WoO show at Lernerville last night and I hope to get to Slippery Rock today.
For me there both about driver skill and how well what's raced is working with the track.
Your decision to do it with age becomes less about can you afford it and taking a money risk, then it is about how close you want to come to the ragged edge of hurt. ... :)

Your not too old. period
it's more about how old you feel, me i'm always 8 years old ... :)

below the line is just BS cause I felt like writing with my coffee

The WoO show was no more exciting then what I'll see at Slippery Rock.
In equivalent stuff You will get from point A to point B in the same amount of time to think about stuff be 1/5 mile Good Hope or 4/10's mile Lernerville.
Per my driver the only difference is you get between point A and B at a higher speed.
But speed is jaded and you get use to it be it low or high with on track thinking time and reaction time to use your skills being the same.
Initially higher speeds are simply scarier but kart or car require the same skill.

Last night at the races the driver which ran up front was so far ahead thru out the race when the several times he lost it he was able to get going again without the second place car getting close enough for it to make any difference. Butt right after the two to go flags his RR let loose and he did not win. Fun to watch, exciting no.

I started at 14 in 1963, I'm now 72.
If you're worried about getting hurt, be a little more careful.
Yes, you can total a kart and it's not a catastrophe. It sucks, but you won't lose your insurance because of it.
I'm still road racing a 206.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

As a ‘bang for your buck’ goes - you can’t beat karting. Great people, lots of track time and you don’t have to have the large truck and trailer for getting to and from the track. Plus, you may end up with a little extra garage space with karts 😁

If you haven't wrecked it, repaired it and race it again, you aren't a racer. Even my dirt bikes get broke from time to time and the one I rode today is 22 years old and runs great. My thoughts are; if you can't fix it, your not a racer. My favorite quote is from Thomas Mezeral. T Mez said, "you find out if you are a real racer when the parents pull the plug on the check book".

DK

My favorite quote is from Thomas Mezeral. T Mez said, "you find out if you are a real racer when the parents pull the plug on the check book". - so very true !!

Back