Has anyone one here built using a jr racecar patriot block?

Atv999

Has anyone ever used a jr racecar patriot block for a karting engine build? Is it a good platform to build from? I don't see anything about these anywhere other than their website?

I haven't used the Patriot block yet but done many of the original Jr. block builds. It should be a good product. PPM Motorsports has a new billet block out now. I have built one of those and it is a very nice piece.

I haven't used the Patriot block yet but done many of the original Jr. block builds. It should be a good product. PPM Motorsports has a new billet block out now. I have built one of those and it is a very nice piece.
Do you know of any 4.425" or 4.500 billet rods for the Arc flathead 2.637 crank that will work for a stroker animal?

^^^thats the best advice .
Its all dependent on block height , compresion height .along with the rod length .
The dipper on a flathead rod , is wrong for an animal type engine .

The crank that JR makes for the Patriot block has a stronger 1.1" rod journal.
JR has rods and pistons for the Patriot block.
The wrist pin is also larger (.625") and stronger than the wimpy .490" wrist pin.
Both make sense to me.
However, if you want to go with a really big piston, good luck.
If you want to use a big Wiseco piston (say 3.1") you go back to the .490" wrist pin. Yes you can use the ARC or JR rod for with the .490" wrist pin but then you must use the ARC crank with a 1" rod journal.
There goes the advantage of the bigger rod journal and wrist pin.
If you want to use the stronger 1.1" rod journal and the .625" wrist pin then you will have to have some pistons made if you want to use a really big piston. JR doesn't make 3" or larger pistons with the .625" wrist pin.

Not that I'm aware of. I have a Patriot, been thinking about getting a PPM also...no real reason just think I'd like to have one to maybe compare the two lol.

Yeah they upped the price on everything a bit just ordered a block and gear set im thinking about trying the 2.837 crank with 1 inch journal hopefully it holds lol will only be using it for a 1/8 mile minibike with jr dragster clutch make a pass then put it up

Yeah they upped the price on everything a bit just ordered a block and gear set im thinking about trying the 2.837 crank with 1 inch journal hopefully it holds lol will only be using it for a 1/8 mile minibike with jr dragster clutch make a pass then put it up
If I'm not mistaken, the Jr racecar patriot will accept up to a 3" stroke. At least that's what I gathered. I don't know about the ppm.

I am now a dealer for the PPM blocks and will keep them in stock along with the other parts.
I also have head gaskets in stock for the big bore engines
The blocks are not on my website yet so you need to call to place and order.
I would have the Jr blocks in stock but they tell me they are quite a way out because of material shortages.

Back