Head gasket

Nesloney

Having trouble figuring what the stock head gasket thickness is.
Tech man uses 9/32 drill bit as go gauge between the fins.
Been shopping on several widely known websites only finding a few sizes that are close to what I've heard stock thickness is.
Does anyone have any advice for thickness as far as passing the 9/32 go gauge? I just want to lap the valves and reassemble in a legal manner.
Original gasket destroyed.
Thanks

Better buy a 9/32 drill bit too !
Ha Ha
Absolutely
I had ordered a gasket set from a widely known supplier. During assembly I got the bit out and performed tech myself on this engine and the one I've been running.
The one I've been running "pokes" perfect.
The new engine wouldn't even let the bit in at all.
Got a .040 on the way now and going to start fresh with new engine.....I just want to lap the valves and have fresh rings.

My previous engine ate a mouthful of dirt more than a couple times when I forgot to tighten air filter after tech the week before.
You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after the first incident.... but no.....it took a few times. 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like you are running Corpus Christi TX.. L87 speedway..
They use that bit to do a quick check as for thinner head gasket,, or block & head being cut... If they don't like the outcome of the drill blank then you are asked to remove your head or Loader up and head home... WE bought a drill blank for a just in case.. Not 100% in agreement with this metod BUT I understand its a quick way to help keep tabs on a known power advantage..
OEM Hemi Head Gaskets vary between .040 & .045 thick
Other gaskets available are .009 black steel (Only use a Tab Head Gasket) and .012 Stainless Steel.. tough as nails..
WE carry anything you need for the stock version Predators

Back