Head mill vs CC's

Racer14sl

Does anyone have a chart or an approximate calculation on how many CC's your combustion chamber becomes after milling a certain amount off the head? Starting with a stock 22cc or 14cc head...

that isn't the case because the head is bOwl shaped. you can take ten thousands off the first cut and C c it mark that number down take another ten off the head see see it again and it won't be the same because the bowl (dish) in the head allowed for more material to be taken. The second cut will not be the same as the first nor will the third. Example: first cut of ten gave you a cc of 27.5cc. Take another cut of ten and you have26cc.

that isn't the case because the head is bOwl shaped. you can take ten thousands off the first cut and C c it mark that number down take another ten off the head see see it again and it won't be the same because the bowl (dish) in the head allowed for more material to be taken. The second cut will not be the same as the first nor will the third. Example: first cut of ten gave you a cc of 27.5cc. Take another cut of ten and you have26cc.

don is correct on the "bowl shape" of the head makes the cut to cc ratio change,,,,,i was gonna mention that but already posted lol........good call don!

Now, if all the heads were done by the same manufacturer and done to spec, we could then come up with a number for everyone to use but to many manufacturers with just a tad bit difference in molds!!

I have a ruff chart that I go by if I can figure out how to post it I will... let me try this?? ooo that didn't work youll have to pm me and I can e-mail it too you

turn it up side down (with the plug in) and put mystery oil in it while measuring till you get what you want. Yes it must be level all the way around but you can get a measurement. Gonna be different on the next head per cut because they are china junk.

Back