Header burn

I am a new victim of the right arm header burn. I am ISO where I can buy the piece of material that I see on some of the jackets or any ideas/tip to help from happening again? Might need to change the header but I struggle to find on that works with a champ kart.

We have a tall chain guard and bought a heat sleeve to go over the guard plus header wrap.
All that still doesn't help when you reach in to check the chain and lay your arm on the muffler clamp.:)

I have scars from mine. I have a jacket with leather on the arm but still didnt help so i used some old knee pads from the daughters volleyball time sewed the padding from one to the other and wear this on my arm. I also bought some welding sleeves. Unstitched them, doubled them up and bolted them over the heat shield also. There is a place i believe in Florida that sells sleeves for the heat shields made out of kool mat and these seem to work also.

I have scars from mine. I have a jacket with leather on the arm but still didnt help so i used some old knee pads from the daughters volleyball time sewed the padding from one to the other and wear this on my arm. I also bought some welding sleeves. Unstitched them, doubled them up and bolted them over the heat shield also. There is a place i believe in Florida that sells sleeves for the heat shields made out of kool mat and these seem to work also.

Im in SC, and sell lots of these. They slide over the chain guard. Lots of bigger guys, lots of parents for kids safety. Work really well.

Back